National Bird Day, but I suppose what two consenting adults do in their spare time is their own business. Meanwhile, Mavis, Venus, Elvis, Chloris, Clovis and Posh continue to miss their colleague, Travis. For the record, I don't mean the canary that got stuck in the mall's air filtration system. I mean the singing cowboy, who also happens to be a birdbrain. At least Travis the canary never sang off-key country music.
- Creak, by Jim North (parts 1 - 4): "The young woman stared intently at the flier, carefully reading each word as the cherry slowly burned down the length of her cigarette." (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4)
- Damn it Daria. No one understands, by Ranma (part 1): "'Daria!, get up damn it!' came an angry but familiar voice from the bottom of the stairs."
- Erin's Flight (Quinn, Season 2), by WildDogJJ (parts 1 and 2): "We see Jake and Quinn at the desk in Jake's office. The healthier lifestyle he was forced to pursue after his last heart attack has slimmed him down to his old self and de-aged him somewhat. Quinn is bringing him up to date on the business now that he's ready to retake the reigns." (Part 2)
- Harry Potter Morgendorffer, by Meester_Lee (part 17): "It was one of those morning commutes. Helen Morgendorffer had driven in from the southwest and had been caught up in a traffic jam on Interstate-35."
- Match Made (Pasta's Never-Ending Ideas Thread 2), by Princess_Pasta (part 1): "'I thought the whole point of getting breakfast was to relax'. Across the table sits her best friend, Jane, who is half-way through a bacon omelette and on her way to her third mimosa of the day."
- Off Day, by Jim North (COMPLETE!): "'Hey, mamacita, what's the haps?' Daria looked up from her desk to see the lanky form of her best friend leaning against the doorframe. 'Hey, Jane,' she said. 'Nothing.'"
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries : Thread #2), by Roentgen (parts 82 - 85): "The Legionnaires - 'Blue Team' - opened the doors to the top of Legion Tower. They could see the lights of Lawndale far off in the distance and the only noise in the air was the faint drone of military helicopters." (Part 83) (Part 84) (Part 85)
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "Life is hard and for suffering. Even for Tom Sloane, though he would be the first to admit that as straight white male with no health problems in one of the highest income brackets his life was somewhat easier than most."