Bob Denver, who was born on this day in 1935. If there's one person in pop culture that could rival Kevin for incompetence, it would be Bob Denver's well-known character Gilligan. As far as I can tell, no one has written a Daria/Gilligan's Island crossover. All I want to know is, why not?! After all, today is also Play God Day, and what better way to play God than to manipulate the lives of your favorite fictional characters?
Don't forget to nominate for the 2017 Daria Fanworks Awards! Read the rules and nominate your favorite Written and Visual works.
- Blizzard, by peetz5050 (COMPLETE!): "So these here six strangers moseyed into the old town o' Tristram, armed and dangerous (and wet). ('This never happens in the game!' – 'WE KNOW!!')."
- Camping 'Trip (Quinn, Season 2), by WildDogJJ (part 1): "Jim and Quinn are seated at the table having dinner. Quinn: ...so now that Dad's back and Erin is working there I have more free time on my hands. Jim: Glad to hear that it's all working out. I wish I wasn't so busy with my job lately."
- Creak, by Jim North (part 5): "The dreamless void's hold was deep, but when Burnout next opened her eyes, the nighttime sky hanging outside her window suggested that it had also been brief."
- Daria in: A Bad Night Can Always Get Worse, by TheBadWolfDoctor (COMPLETE!): " Oh, yeah, said Daria's brain, more than an hour too late for the information to be of any practical use to her, we moved to a different town, didn't we?"
- Drake And Jane Diaries, by James the Lesser (part 4): "Dear Diary Jane is moving in. My mom won custody. My best friend, and girlfriend, will be living with me."
- Erin's Flight (Quinn, Season 2), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Jake is reading a newspaper while Helen is reading some legal briefs. Jake puts down the paper. Jake: Helen, I forgot to tell you, but Erin is staying at Quinn's."
- God Save The Esteem: Punk is Dead, by Charles RB (part 7): "Jake had made a few specific demands in his will for his funeral procession: 1) A cardboard coffin so that he could easily break out of it 'in case I've just been sleeping really heavily' 2) The corpse needed to have five dollars in its hand 'to pay Charon and have some change after' 3) While a normal hearse was requested, it had to be blaring "Die Die My Darling" out the window at full blast 'because it has the word Die in it'"
- Harry Potter Morgendorffer, by Meester_Lee (part 18): "The next morning, Helen started to make her arrangements for the trip. She began by reviewing her travel documents first. Everything was in order."
- How cliche could you get?, by starwater09 (part 8): "I don't know how, I don't know why but someone is definitely screwing with my life. Daria thought to herself with a sigh as she watched Kevin drive away."
- Model Student (Scream Scenes), by Jim North (COMPLETE!): "Every part of Jane's brain was screaming at her to turn around, go back outside, and call the police, the fire department, the coast guard, any and everybody she could possibly get."
- The Most Evil Daria of Them All... (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "There are many universes, there are many clusters of universes, some focus on specific periods of history, others are just dead husks, others still are dumping grounds for leftover waste from civilizations that use dead univereses as landfills, but a few find their focus on specific people."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries : Thread #2), by Roentgen and Brother Grimace (parts 86 - 89): "Danny, You can congratulate me because I stopped using the 'I' at the end! Yay! You get pouty when I use 'Dani' or 'Danni' and I got it right for once!" (Part 87) (Part 88) (Part 89)
- Winning (Iron Chef: Very Tropic Fic), by Zetor (COMPLETE!): "SETTING: TRENT LANE and DARIA MORGENDORFFER lie curled up together on the bed in Daria Morgendorffer's room in Lawndale, Maryland/Texas/California. It has the same feel, but is neater and there are a few additions. Her computer is clearly new, there is a vanity against one wall, and her open closet is filled with fashionable clothes."