Babe Ruth's birth on this day in 1895. Baseball doesn't really get a lot of attention on Daria; football takes center stage, Jake's a fan of both golf and basketball, but I can't think of a single baseball reference at any point on the show. Can anyone think of one? If so, share in the comments!
- Amore (LongSnakeMoan's Fluff Thread), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "'Hey, baby.' His voice drifted from their balcony, overflowing with greenery and the heady scent of jasmine and roses. 'Baby, come look at this.'"
- Burned Out, by Wrabbit75 (part 10): "Jennifer smiled at Daria so carefully closing the car door, so as to not wake her parents. 'See you at school on Monday,' the blonde said with a grin. Daria held up a finger in front of her mouth as she shushed her friend. 'Shh! Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow,' she whispered."
- Coffee, by Zetor (part 2a): "'She asked you out?' Quinn squealed; excited, happy, and very loud. Daria jerked her phone away to avoid being deafened, almost dropping the bundle of garland she was stringing along the edge of her bar."
- Commit Ted (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by Indigo (COMPLETE!): "'I suppose that you are going out with "him" again tonight.' Jane said pointedly as she and Daria tuned out Mr O'Neill for the last few minutes of Friday afternoon at school."
- Cosplayed (Quinn, Season 3), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Quinn is opening her and Jim's PO box. She gets out the mail, shuts the box and leaves. Cut to a short time later and we see Quinn at her kitchen table going through the mail." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Just Desserts, by Kristen Bealer (part 2): "'This is freaking ridiculous!' Quinn groaned later that day in the Morgendorffers' kitchen. She hadn't started mixing cake batter or even gathering supplies yet; she was still trying to find a cookbook somewhere in the house."
- The Relaxing Power of Music (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "The last day of senior year was upon them, the time to wrap up your remaining finals, clean out your locker for the last time, feel a combination of anticipation-excitement-fear, get through your graduation party with family and then head to the REAL party with your former classmates, and have in mind your plans for the future, such as college, taking a gap-year, or hopping into the workforce."
- Skeletons, by CaffeineAddict94 (part 5): "The low sound of Type O Negative filled the space around Trent as he transferred the contents of his room to heavy-duty black trashbags. He had both windows open despite the chill and yet he was still sweating."
- A Three Hour Tour, by Jim North (parts 7 and 8): "Tony's bad eye bulged as he beheld the utter disaster that the room had been turned into." (Part 8)
- Unnamed Story (LLH Short Entries : Thread #2), by Roentgen (part 98): "'I want to know everything about this guy,' Jamie said. 'Where he lives, what he drinks, what he eats, what he thinks about, his bae, his side piece, how rich he is, and the names of his dogs.'"