World Pistachio Day! Although since technically it's the dye she's allergic to, she shouldn't blame the entire nut for her distress. The rest of you can munch the nutty nutty all day long if you want!
Today is also Tell a Fairy Tale Day, and the Gupty kids are waiting eagerly for a fresh tale of gore from Daria and Jane. Perhaps Quinn will gather them around a fire to tell them about Cinderella's clunky silver and gold sequins.
Finally, today is the anniversary of the episode "Sappy Anniversary," which aired on this day in 2001. Daria and Tom eating Quinn's chocolates might not count as a fairy tale, but they did live happily ever after. Oh, wait. They didn't.
The DFA winners are in! See the results linked here.
- An Annoying Paradise - Daria, by Resop (part 5): "Daria and Jane stand in front of their lockers. Minamo runs up to them. 'Daria-senpai! Big trouble!'"
- The fairy Quinn, by Rémi (part 2): "A kid Daria is reading in the Morgendorffer living room, trying very hard to ignore a toddler Quinn, who is playing under a Christmas tree with a Santa Claus toy."
- The Glorious Return, by A_Big_Old_Skeleton (COMPLETE!): "Daria is not good with feelings. This is a law of the universe, written in stone: for Daria, the part where people learn to deal with their feelings never happened."
- How cliche could you get?, by starwater09 (part 9): "'I'm telling you Jodie tha-that....temptress must have my Kevie Brainwashed!' Brittney squeals in this may not noticing that her longtime Lawndale friend was rolling her eye at her as she got her house ready for the semi reunion party for their classmates."
- On The Road, by elainefr (part 46): "I should have let you leave, he thought looking at her sleeping form. Nick extricated himself from the bed and put his clothes on as quickly as possible."
- Salmon (IC: Random Pairing Challenge 2018), by Cap (part ): "Jeff Altenburg quickly ducked into Bufflehead Bay a restaurant that sat near Lawndale's marina escaping the cold driving rain. He was ambivalent about the luncheon date."
- Skeletons, by CaffeineAddict94 (part 6): "Walking back into her old room was surreal. The surroundings were distinctly different but she could still feel the remnants of the past underneath."
- The Spiral Path (Quinn, Season 3), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Quinn is in her office with her assistant, Erin Chambers. She's fuming about the night before. '...so I had to go through the shame of telling my current boyfriend that while I was getting over my ex I got drunk one night and had sex with Trent. It was sooo humiliating.'" (Part 3)