It's National Card Playing Day, so why don't we get together for a family card game just like we used to? Okay, fine, we've never played a family card game in our lives, but that doesn't mean we can't play a quick game of five-card stud. Jacks are wild.
The PPMB will be moving on December 30th. Check the thread for all the details, like when the board will be closed. Better start packing now!
EVEN NEWER BIG NEWS!
The PPMB has successfully moved! Hooray!
- The Art of Cooking Pizza...and Other Things, by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): "The silent alarms went off at just five minutes after noon, right as he lifted the coffee cup to his lips. Damn, he thought and sipped the Folgers Classic Roast. It never fails."
- The Cards You Are Dealt, by Doggieboy (part 9): "Please, Goddess, don’t let that roar mean what I think it does. She shuddered and nearly tripped over a slab of concrete that had been lifted by a tree root. Don’t let the cops get involved with this, either."
- Daria/Dorian 12: Spring Breaks, by LadieT (part 1): "Dorian, Jane, Jodie, and Mack were sitting in the cafeteria talking about vacation plans. Mack was going to be working with Kevin and his dad while Jodie's parents had filled her plate with volunteer work. When Jane told the others that she and Dorian were going to the beach, they sat stunned. Not because Jane convinced Helen and Jake to let Dorian go, but that Dorian wanted to go in the first place. They knew that the words beach and Daria would never have been in the same sentence."
- Family Game Night, by NapalmKracken (COMPLETE!): "TANYA I know this is a stupid question but do you have any remorse? LD Those little fish that suck on sharks? Awkward silence. TANYA That’s not funny. LD It was a little funny."
- Flynn at 1111 Glen Oak (Crossovers Still Crossing Over), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "'Good Morning, Agent P,' Major Francis Monogram said from the main view screen in Perry’s lair. Then a picture of Sandi appeared on the screen along-side his face. 'Doctor Doofenshmirtz has kidnapped this teenager. Her name is Alexandra Griffin, though apparently she prefers to be called "Sandi." All we have on her is that she is the ‘President’ of one of Lawndale High School’s extracurricular clubs. Get going and put a stop to his plan, whatever it is. We’re counting on you, Agent P!'"
- Having Themselves A Very Judith Christmas ('Flashpoints': A Worldburner Mini-Fics Thread), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "The great class war had finally broken out in Lawndale, the rich armed with the finest combat weapons possible and the underclass with boards with nails in it. In the middle of the fight, Angier Sloane caught sight of the half-burning TV store. 'Something weird's going on on that channel!'"
- Having Themselves A Very Judith Christmas: Appendum ('Flashpoints': A Worldburner Mini-Fics Thread), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (COMPLETE!): "'...Yeah Kristen, it is on every channel,' Quinn said into the phone as she ran one of her hands through her short hair. 'Whoever these people imitating my sister and her friend are, they have really advanced technology.' 'From what they are saying, I think they are interdimensional doubles of Daria and Jane, and they are causing destruction on a scale we cannot imagine,' Kristen Bell said. as she looked at the scene unfolding on the television. 'It's on the radio too.'"
- Holiday Roadtrip, by Chris Tucker: "Instead of the usual t shirt, torn jeans and rather ragged sneakers that made up his day to day wardrobe, Trent Lane was Dressed. Leather loafers, charcoal gray slacks, simple belt, light blue cotton dress shirt, a necktie, albeit a skinny leather tie, loosely knotted and a tweed blazer. 'He does clean up nicely, doesn't he, Daria... Daria?'"
- In Silence Sarcastic, by Trscroggs: "Jodie grinned and stepped well within Daria’s personal space. Jodie made a show of checking for witnesses, completely missing the way Daria’s nostrils flared, before pulling a small paper bag out of her book bag. 'I’ve got your goods right here,' Jodie said in a bad Brooklyn accent. 'And let me tell you, this wasn’t easy to get on short notice.' Jodie smiled to show that the last was part of the joke."
- Jane Morgendorffer, by LadieT (part 30): "A few days before school started, Trent approached Helen and Jake. Although he was only a sophomore, he wanted to talk to them about college and what kind of grades it would take to get into a good one. He wanted to get a degree in business so that he could work with Jake full time. Trent knew that getting into music was hard and he wanted to do something he enjoyed while pursuing his dream. Seeing her husband's face light up, Helen assured Trent that as long as he kept a B average, they would help him go to college. As Trent left the room, Helen turned to Jake who still had the smile on his face."
- Lawndale Sucks, by Smijey: "'Hi! You're cool. What's your name?' asked a girl with pigtails. 'Quinn Morgendorffer,' she replied coolly. 'Cool name,' said another girl. 'So, are you Team Edward, or Team Jacob?'"
- The Order of Infinity ('Flashpoints': A Worldburner Mini-Fics Thread), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "The massive, lighted ball had just completed its journey, and the hundreds of thousands of people that had jammed themselves into Times Square were celebrating – when the spiral of yellow light appeared in the middle of the crowd. For some reason, there was no stampede or mass hysteria; the people simply stood as a wave of silence washed across them – across the world, as cameras transmitted the image of the spiral opening up into a portal of yellow, and a single man walking through."
- Screams of Silence, by Jim North (part 12): "The slight quiver of Quinn's phone makes me twitch involuntarily. I immediately stop walking and scan the fog while pulling out my pistol. I point it down at the sidewalk and place my thumb on the hammer, ready to cock it back the second the vibrations get too rowdy for comfort. But as I take a few cautious steps forward, they stay relatively the same. And that's when I hear it. A steady, repetitive thumping noise coming from the other side of the half-constructed wall I'm walking alongside. After a couple of seconds, the thumps seem to match up to the phone's vibrations, almost as if they were echoing each other somehow."
- Spirit of the Game, Nature of the Beast, by HolyGrail2007 (prologue and part 1): "'Well, I can tell you, I guess. Elsie’s going to head off somewhere and my parents are out. Listen to my story. God knows I’ve remembered it time and time again. Maybe you can tell me who was wrong and who was right.'" (Part 1)
- Super Daria Bros. (Iron Chef: Super Daria Sisters), by project pegasus (part 4): "Kevin: It's an umpah-lumpah! Toad: (Trying to be diplomatic) I'm sorry, but you must be confused. I am a retainer of the Mushroom Kingdom, and I have your mission briefing. Kevin: Don't worry. I know the drill: don't eat the candy that turns you into a giant blueberry. I got it."
- Unnamed story (A Christmas Iron Chef), by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): "Daria and Jane walked into the Morgendorffer home and stopped dead just past the threshold. They stared goggle-eyed at the Saturnalia orgy taking place on the first level of the house, their noses wrinkled at the indescribable stench of sex, liquor and clotted cream. For some reason, there were large-denomination bills scattered over the carpet."
- Worldburner: A Very Judith Christmas, by Erin Mills, Brother Grimace, Charles RB, and Overlord Mikey (parts 1 - 3): "Reiko reached into the inner pocket of her jacket and withdrew the card. She handed it to Richard, who grimaced at it. The front of the card was a cartoon of Judith standing in a snowbank, a festive scarf around her neck, holding the disembodied head of Santa Claus. Behind her, NegaJane was ransacking the sleigh, while idly kicking Rudolph in the nuts. Richard opened the card." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Worldburner: Amelia and the Planet of the Hippies, by Charles RB (part 1): "Of all the Defender Ring’s endowments, the power to banish dark forces from a universe was one of the greatest. And Amelia had been practising all bloody week and was truly, truly hoping that she just had the one faulty Ring in the whole Corps. The alternative was too embarrassing to contemplate."