On this day on 1995, the Beavis and Butt-head episode It's a Miserable Life aired. In it, we learn that if Butt-head had never been born, Daria would be not only be much happier, but would also have a boyfriend (see left).
Makes you wonder what the show Daria would have been like under those conditions, doesn't it? For one thing, a happy, well-adjusted Daria probably would not have been placed in self-esteem class, so she would have been less likely to meet Jane. Which means--gasp!--we should be glad Butt-head was born, after all! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old garden gnome!
Okay, now for some fandom news:
- Kara Wild is done creating the new PPMB database! Moving day is coming soon!
- Quiverwing reminds everyone that we only have 22 days left to nominate fanfics and artwork for the Daria Fandom Awards!
- DrNoGood09 has started a thread about Christmas songs that we love and hate. Warning: You will probably leave that thread with at least three annoying songs stuck in your head.
- breitasparrow found an interesting definition of "Daria" on Urban Dictionary, and a funny thread was born!
- Good luck to HeirOfNorton, who is applying to grad school to become a librarian! An honorable and glorious profession, if I do say so myself!
- Erin M. has posted a new micro-shared world idea: A Very Judith Christmas.
- Jim North has started a thread about 2010 fanfics and fanfic plans for 2011.
- It's a great time for Iron Chefs lately, as there are two new ones: Freaky Friday "VA Version" from GlitterShrooms and Tom Lane from Vukodlak.