Happy 61st birthday to Don Johnson, star of Miami Vice and impersonated by Kevin on the right!
Today is also Bill of Rights Day, established by Franklin Roosevelt in 1941 to commemorate the ratification of the Bill of Rights. Virginia, the final state to ratify, did so on this day in 1791.
I wonder if the Holiday Island versions of Bill of Rights Day and Human Rights Day ever hang out together?
Fanfic update? I've got yer fanfic update right here, buddy!
- 86 Bottles of Beer 3: All Creatures Great and Maul, by Kristen Bealer (part 2): "'A wedding in the middle of a weekday morning?' Kevin asked, confused. 'That seems like a pretty flimsy excuse. Besides, why would every single person who works at the pet store be at the wedding? And not only that—' 'I think the sign being written on paper with a KAOS letterhead might, like, have something to do with it, Kevin,' 99 pointed out."
- Amelia Beats Up Judith (...Sort Of) ('Flashpoints': A Worldburner Mini-Fics Thread), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "Sighing, she turned round and saw Judith looking at her. Judith looked back. Amelia quietly peed herself."
- Daria/Dorian 11: So This Is Bonding, by LadieT (part 5): "Jane was surprised to see Amy's red convertible in her driveway. Before jumping into the backseat, Jane gave Amy and Lillian a quick hug. On the drive to Schloss Morgendorffer, Jane filled Amy and Lillian in on what occurred between her and Ms. Barch. Her two adopted aunts complimented her on the way she had handled the situation. As they pulled up to Dorian's house, Quinn opened the door with a smirk on her face."
- The fiercest battles lie within, by VPrad (part 30.2): "Tom was rolling in pain on the floor, all his strength had apparently disappeared. Angier took advantage of his son’s weakness to go get the gun that had fallen from his hands. He was about to finish his son once and for all. Everything seemed to be over for Tom. It wasn’t a bad ending after all, he had managed to stop his father’s plans and save a lot of lives in the process, he would have to pay with his life. He would die to do the right thing, it wasn’t so bad."
- General Semantics, Private Angst, by gwrtheyrn (part 33): "'They told us this, in high school science class. If two energies can be attuned to a twenty-decimal approximation of similarity, the "greater" will bridge the gap to the "lesser" as if there were no gap, although the juncture is effected at finite speeds.'"
- Holiday Roadtrip, by Chris Tucker: "The rest of the evening was given over to conversation, mainly about college life at Raft and Connie's life in Louisiana. The assault on Daria by Jane, and the resultant snowball fight at the rest stop left Quinn helpless with laughter. There was a look in Daria's eyes that hinted at something awful happening to Quinn should snow and the opportunity present itself."
- Jacob Morgendorffer, Esq., by Cap (COMPLETE!): "Daria glanced at her father proudly. He was the one who uncovered the swindle with a little inadvertent help from her and Jane. He spent months carefully gathering the proof, judicious that was irrefutable, before he went public. Once he was satisfied of that, he announced at a meeting of the Board of Aldermen the previous March what he learned. The legal beagles of the city, state and federal governments as well as the media pounced on it."
- The James Lane Chronicles Chapter 4, by InvisibleDan (COMPLETE!): "'Uh, hi Daria. I see you've decided not just to lose your glasses but also your skirt. And put on pants, I mean.' 'I thought that I might try something new. Something not so old-fashioned. Something a bit more nineties.' 'Yes, I did hear that blue jeans are in again after years of everyone wearing zoot suits and knickers. I think I overheard your sister saying something about that.' James saw Daria scowl at him, and he said, 'But they look good on you...'"
- Life Beyond Lawndale, by LadieT (parts 3 and 4): "Heading back upstairs, Daria went over to where the folder Jane had been looking at. Flipping through all of the articles she had either written or photogrpahed for, she stopped and pulled out the laminated clipping. Daria ran her finger over her father's obituary photo and let a rare tear fall down her cheek." (Part 4)
- Quinn's Code - Story 1: The Esteemsters Code, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "'Computer Club? Why do you, like, want to know about that? It's full of Geeks!' Sandi said. Quinn was outraged. 'I am a Geek! And I was popular at my last school, despite that status! So far Lawndale appears to be much better than Highland, so I am sure I will be a popular geek here too!' She ran off towards the school."
- The Two Americas (IC: What would Lawndale be like if...), by Charles RB (part 3): "Noise was breaking out from where the negroes were sitting, and when she looked over she saw her sister with the group, part of the quartet standing around Landon. That made Daria get up, ‘accidentally’ moving her chair back into the gut of whoever was standing (“OW!” screamed Charles Ham – haw, haw)."
- Unnamed story (IC: What would Lawndale be like if...), by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): "Daria stood at the side of the street waiting for the parade to begin and felt miserable. She'd rather be at home and in bed, but that might end up being misinterpreted. One couldn't afford that right now."
- Unnamed story (IC: What would Lawndale be like if...), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Daria had lasted a grand total of three days in the Star Scouts, and the mere thought of joining COYOPA filled her with disgust - even though she understood the propaganda better than her dim-witted sister who only understood party cant and a variety of sing-alongs."
- The Vision of the Burning Cities, by jtranser: "Jane gently took Daria by the hand and led her away. With just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right, they were standing in front of the Secret Force Leather Goods Shop in the burned out galleria."
- The War on Christmas, by Smijey (COMPLETE!): Christmas had a skeptical look on his face, but chose to ignore it. 'Daria, I need your help!' 'My help?' Daria looked around, half-worried that one of the other freaks from Holiday Island would be showing up soon. 'Yeah! There's a war on Christmas!' Daria stared blankly at the personification of Christmas. 'Have you been watching Fox News?'"
- Way Too Cute, by Smijey (part 3): "Ms. Li ignored the question. '--I feel it would be best to utilize your face to improve the image of Lawndale High.' Daria sighed. 'I hope this involves Nicholas Cage and John Travolta.'"
- Worldburner: When It Rains, by RLobinske (part 5): "Richard used his computer to active Victoria's and brought up a display. 'Something unexpected. When the AGI breached Castle Doom's firewall, you were able to save an image of the AGI's root command structure. It includes a Clarke Class AI virus.' 'In other words, a Doomsday virus.' 'Yes. But instead of the virus destroying the AGI root command, it was incorporated instead. So we are dealing with a fusion between the two.'"