Let's all wish a happy birthday to Niccolò Machiavelli, born on this day in 1469. Daria apparently is a fan, shown reading Machiavelli's The Prince during the episode "Fire!"
Tom: Hey, The Prince. Planning on taking over a country?
Daria: Well, not now that you've ruined the surprise.
Today is also Teacher's Day in the U.S. I'm sure the existence of this holiday alone is enough to give Mr. DeMartino the job satisfaction and peace of mind that he's been looking for. Or something.
- Temppeli is happy to announce that Linnanmäki, the oldest amusement park in Finland, is open.
- What's your signature outfit? Sorry, someone's already got dibs on green jackets and Doc Martens.
- The Canadian election is being discussed in Nick's Corner.
- Which are your top movies you wish you'd never seen?
- JPAGC has posted a new Iron Chef in the Creative Writing forum: Mack Snaps.
- Artist S-C has created model sheets for Daria and Jane, which should be useful for other artists who want to draw the characters.