Happy birthday to the late, flamboyant entertainer Liberace, who was born on this day in 1919. DeMartino's impersonation of him on the left is probably equal parts accurate and disturbing.
Also on this day in 1770, Marie Antoinette and (soon-to be) King Louis XVI were married. I think we all know how that story ended, but Quinn learned the important stuff in Is It Fall Yet?
Quinn: Did Marie Antoinette really have the champagne glasses molded after her...you know?
David: We really should be focusing more on the politics of the Revolution, but that's what they say. If she'd been a different body type, we'd be drinking champagne out of bowls.
Helen: David, I must say I'm quite impressed. I've never seen Quinn have so much fun studying.
Quinn: That's because in school they only teach you the really boring stuff. Mom? Dad? Did you know Marie Antoinette never said "let them eat cake"? That expression comes from a story about a princess, written by Rousseau. Right?
Jake: Lousy tabloids!
- The Angst Guy is looking for suggestions for storage space for his website. Any ideas?
- ninetwelve discusses his experience with Daria fandom.
- What was MTV trying to do with Daria in Highland? Or did they have any idea?
- Two new threads in the Weapons of Mass Distraction forum discuss Themepark 1984 (a documentary) and Eurovision 2011 (a televised competition).
- RX-87 posted a new Iron Chef in the Creative Writing forum: Title Sequences.