Happy birthday to a trio of famous people! Winston Churchill, who was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom during World War II, was born on this day in 1874. Jake's impression of the man isn't bad, but I'm sure things would have turned out differently for the UK if Jake had been in charge. Rest assured, though, it all would have been Mad Dog's fault.
Mark Twain, also known as Samuel Clemens, was also born on this day in 1835. Daria was a fan of the author, judging by her sleep shirt in "Lane Miserables," but Trent seemed somewhat less enthusiastic about him.
Finally, satirist Jonathan Swift was born on this day in 1667. I don't believe Swift was ever mentioned in canon, but there is that alter ego of Daria as the title character from Swift's Gulliver's Travels. I'd be willing to bet that Daria's a fan of his witty and acerbic writing style, though.
- The Beginning of our Story, by ST91 (COMPLETE!): "After dinner Darius took Jane back at her home. When they reached the doorway Jane said, 'Today was a wonderful day thanks' 'Was the same for me. Tomorrow I will pick you up and go to school together ok ?' 'Ok.' Jane said first to embrace Darius and give him a passionate kiss."
- Crossing Stars, by Silver: "Mac tapped his console again. 'Well, that's one Raven off our back. Five to go.' 'One of you remind me,' Daria said suddenly, 'To look into weapons upgrades when we get done with this job?' There were three replies that they would, indeed, not let her forget."
- Daria - Double Down, by neonhomer (part 9): "Lynn was laying face down on Daria’s bed when Jane and Daria walked in. They stopped short of walking in, and stood in the doorway. Quiet sobs could be heard coming from Lynn. 'Maybe I should go talk to her...' said Daria. 'Good idea.' Said Jane, starting to walk into the room, but Daria grabbed her by the arm before she could get too far. 'Alone.' Said Daria. "
- Die Hard Quinn (Iron Chef - In the movies), by Reven384 (COMPLETE!): "Quinn dragged her aching body through the air vent hoping to avoid the terrorists that took over the building Daria worked at."
- The Lady and the Tiger, by RLobinske (part 3): "'Hi, Hobbes,' she said to the stuffed animal on the sofa arm as she sat down. After taking a long drink, Daria closed her eyes and leaned back to rest. 'I've had a long day myself.' Without thinking, she placed one hand on the tiger as she drifted off. Sometime later, Daria became aware of purring. I didn't know Calvin had a cat she thought. She opened her eyes and saw her hand resting on a miniature tiger."
- A QB Grows in Lawndale, by Kristen Bealer (part 9): "'Then you must not ever hear yourself talk,' Kevin said. He felt really warm, even to the point of sweating. 'When was the last time you ever did anything that worked out right?' 'Well, at one time I did a pretty good job of raising a successful football player,' Doug yelled, slamming his fist on the counter, 'but that ended up going straight to hell!' Something inside Kevin broke. 'You can go straight to hell, Dad!'"
- Three Signals, by Arena del Sur (COMPLETE!): "It was 2 am, I offered her some coffee. Jane accepted so we went downstairs to the kitchen. And then, while we drank coffee, she started to ask questions. –Have you ever felt trapped in a maze?"
- Tigresses of Lawndale, by taishigi (parts 3 - 5): "Daria looked unsure, so Quinn came over and said, 'I believe in you, too. It's your job to become a great script writer or whatever, so you can write stuff for me to star in.' Daria looked at Quinn, not believing even her sister could say such a thing. Then Quinn winked at her and stated, 'It is your destiny to write for me, young Morgendorffer.'" (Part 4) (Part 5)
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Guilty Pleasures Redux), by RX-87 (COMPLETE!): "'Alright,' Daria said, conspiratorially as she helped Tad button up his shirt and wiped the creamy whiteness from her lips, 'Now remember not to tell your parents about this. It's our secret.'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef - In the movies), by Greystar (COMPLETE!): "Sandi: Like Stay-seee, are you, stoned or stupid? You don't hack a bank across state lines from your house, you'll get nailed by the FBI. Where are your brains, in your ass, or something? Don't you know anything?"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef - In the movies), by SgtTrentLAne50 (COMPLETE!): "'Seriously, guys. What am I supposed to do?' Jane though a moment, then said, 'Kill your sister. You'll feel better.'"