The many talented writers in fandom may be interested to know that yesterday was the beginning of National Novel Writing Month! This is the ideal time to write that book about a slightly older, sensitive man and the love a budding woman child feels for him when she gets to know him better. Or you could, you know, be normal and non-pervy. Totally your call.
Also, today's public service announcement: remember to set your clocks back one hour if you live in an area that observes daylight saving time. If you don't live in an area that observes daylight saving time, you can still set your clock back if you want to...but you'll probably end up late to work.
- Daria as the Doctor, by ashk09 (part 4): "'Do we, uh, actually have a plan?' asked Jane between breaths, scanning the terrain quickly to make sure there was nothing to trip her up. If any of this stuff were to leak out, the consequences would be unpleasant."
- Deadgirl Wonderland, by SacredDust (parts 1 and 2): "At first she could barely see it through the haze, but something was rising up outside the window. Its face was obscured by a red mask, its body covered in...was that armor?" (Part 2)
- Dylan, by J-D (part 32b): "'Hey, Dad, I found a job for Dylan!' 'You did? That's great, Kris! But weren't you looking for a job for yourself?'"
- Eighties Night (LongSnakeMoan's Fluff Thread), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "As he was lost to the world he noticed a huge Pina Colada pushed in front of him, festooned with a blue umbrella floating on the top. He looked up and he felt himself smile. Here she was."
- For Jane (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "What a great day this had been! He'd broken up with his girlfriend after kissing her best friend, and apparently got off scot-free. Jane actually seemed angrier with Daria than she was with him. He didn't really get it, but...JACKPOT!"
- The Great And The Good, by ognawk (part 25): "Hearing a knock at the front door, Jane switched the TV off and got up to answer it. She opened the door and what shocked to see Cassidy standing there with her head bowed."
- Happy Halloween (IC: Hell is Crossed People), by GlitterShrooms (COMPLETE!): "Hi! My name's Quinn Anne Morgendorffer and I'm fourteen and a half years old. Today is a very special day for me. It's Halloween!"
- If I Can't Have You... (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "'Jane,' Tom said, interrupting Jane and causing her to look straight at him, 'Just go. I'll take care of this and I'll see you later.'"
- It Just Might Tear You Apart (It is October, after all), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "Ah, hello, my friend. I think a proper salutation might be in order. My name is Ted, and you are going to die."
- Quinn's Code 09: Morgendorffers in the Woods, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "'Remember what the doctor said the last time you burst a blood vessel?' 'Yeah, he said it would be two hundred dollars.' Helen took Jake's hand in hers to reassure him. 'Before that. He said that we need to cut down your stress and we're going camping like we used to before...' she looked and saw that her daughters were still in the room."
- Star Trek: Dyson Sphere: Multiplicity, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "The team backed off from the gateway, but then something happened. With a scream, a person arrived through the gateway. 'This cannot be!' T'Elanna said, as she looked at the other person. 'And yet it is,' Weralla said."
- Tall Candles (LongSnakeMoan's Fluff Thread), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "'Eeeewww. It smells funny in here. Is that smell your caaaaandles?'"
- Together Again, by ashk09 (COMPLETE!): "For some reason, the silence unsettled her; such peace was normally a positive boon, as it gave her time to read or write, but now, the quiet felt like an alive thing, pressing in all around her. Then, the whisper. Do you dream about me? Do you dream you're with me? Be honest."
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "Jane tilted her head to the side slightly and grinned. Tom noticed a glint in her eye he'd never seen before."
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by Serrallonga (COMPLETE!): "TOM - Mr. Morgendorffer! I can explain! (Jake takes a gun and shoots six times) BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!"
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Tom!' Kay yelled at her idiot son, 'Stop teasing the alligators. And where did you get that chicken roast?"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "(Surface of the Sun begins to play over the MTV logo and a close-up of Daria's eyes opening) ANGELA LI (V/O): What's the last thing you remember?"
- When Love Takes Another Path (IC: Early Meeting), by ST91 (part 1a): "'I've been waiting for you,' said Helen Sloane (nee Barksdale ). 'I know you. I know that when you come home late the first thing you do is put your briefcase away and then you come to bed.'"