National Nachos Day. Of course, any excuse to get rid of those two is a good one as far as she's concerned.
- And For My Next Trick and Problem Solving (LongSnakeMoan's Fluff Thread), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "She didn't know why she had agreed to help Upchuck out and be his assistant at his magic show when she just knew she was going to fail miserably at it. He'd convinced her that she was the perfect person for the job and for a second she'd believed him."
- Black Cloaks of Lawndale, by Waylander (part 13): "Helen Morgendorffer was looking through the pages of notebook paper spread out on the coffee table and making notes on the legal pad. She knew that winning the case brings her one step close to the partnership, and usually she needed no better incentive. But today her heart just wasn't in it."
- Death Comes to Another Lawndale, by PrecambrianStudios (part 7): "Tom's eyes widened. He looked across the street and saw Cassidy Hemming waving to him. She started to cross the road. 'Oh no.'"
- Dylan, by J-D (part 32c): "The pet store manager had one ear bandaged. 'Ms Mayhew, can I ask you a question about health and safety?' Dylan said, 'I assume while I'm working here I'll be covered by your insurance?'"
- The Great And The Good, by ognawk (part 25.5): "Ashley frowned. 'Something on your mind?' 'Just some childhood memory I haven't thought about for a while,' Daria said with a sigh."
- The Kiss of Death (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "'Exactly.' 'Alright then.' 'OK.' Suddenly, Tom reached over and kissed Daria, taking her completely by surprise."
- A New Direction, by peetz5050 (part 16): "Family Dinner weekend after next will have to be on Sunday as that Country Club benefit is on Saturday. She'd have to fill the table or it would look bad, how many was it again? Eight or ten seats?"
- Northbank Diaries #1: A Tale Of Three Suburbs, by ognawk (part 3): "People say he's just being nosey, but why is he taking such an interest in us? A 20-year old and a teenager, rail thin and living alone for months? I don't like this. I don't think he will either."
- Something (Slightly) Wicked Ch3, by macross (part 1): "As the music began to play the satin covers were thrown back as a young woman rose from the bed stretching her arms and giving an impressive yawn."
- Sonoma Coma, by jtranser (part 12): "Daria walked into the bathroom, then suddenly stopped when she saw her friend drying off while standing in a pile of red oozing shredded duckies, owls and submarines. 'Ah, Jane, another bathtub slaughter, I see.."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Trapped), by ashk09 (COMPLETE!): "Daria awoke to find herself lying in a field of verdant azure; in whichever direction she chose to cast her groggy eyes, it seemed that this entire world was made up of lush blue-green grass, platforms with strange markings emblazoned on them - they looked to be hieroglyphics of some sort, but she didn't recognise either the language, nor the strange anthropomorphic animals they depicted - and ... was that some kind of mechanical wasp patrolling the baby-blue skies above her?"
- When Love Takes Another Path (IC: Early Meeting), by ST91 (part 2): "'And that's great, isn't it, Daria?' Tom asked his sister. 'Yeah great,' Daria said, in a half-hearted tone. 'What's up sweetie? Is something wrong?' said Helen. 'It's what dad ... I mean Angier said.' stated Tom. No one knew his sister better than him."
- When the Bough Breaks, by Kristen Bealer (part 1): "Jodie let herself fall back onto the hospital bed, catching her breath and waiting. For awhile--for too long--no one said anything. Then, finally...a small thin wail filled the silence."