Daria has turned into a muppet in honor of Sesame Street, which premiered on this day in 1969. While Daria mourns the passing of the last shred of her dignity, I think this is a good place to recommend Mike Yamiolkoski's excellent fanfic D is for Daria.
- Black Cloaks of Lawndale, by Waylander (part 14): "Axel's mood brightened considerably when he recognized Trent Lane, slowly walking down the street. The tattoo artist felt that the young musician was a kindred spirit as soon as he ever saw him."
- The Dale of Lawn, by Wassersauefer (epilogue): "Mackenzie did not like the city of Trolltooth. It was cold, it was windy, the air stank of fish and stale sweat and the people, if you could call them that, were unpleasant at best and hostile at worst. But he could lay low here, hopefully surviving the next few years to... to do what?"
- Deadgirl Wonderland, by SacredDust (part 3): "'So you saw a 'Red Man', did you Daria?' he mused as he looked over her profile. 'That's the same thing you said in the courtroom. Shame it didn't do you any good...but on the other hand, what a stroke of luck to see the Wretched Egg and live. I see you have a talent for surviving.'"
- Death Comes to Another Lawndale, by PrecambrianStudios (part 8): "In the corner of my office, Judith stretched in her bean-bag chair. 'So, boss. Who's next up for extermination?'"
- The Depths of Cedars, by ognawk (part 2): "Daria made her way to one of the rooms. She entered to see a man in a doctor's uniform lying on the bed inside. 'Dr Tom Sloane?' Daria asked. 'Dr Daria Morgendorffer M.D.' Tom stated, without even looking at his visitor."
- Dressed Down (Daria and the Gang Thread), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'So do you think she's going to do it?' Stacy said to Quinn as the Fashion Club waited at Lawndale High after school. 'I don't know,' Quinn said. 'Fifty dollars is a lot of money.'"
- Dylan, by J-D (part 32d): "Dylan leaned forward, peering at his brother's hands. 'Maybe it is. Maybe you've got an allergy to some kind of nut. Those can be very serious.'"
- The Great And The Good, by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "'What's the matter, Tom? Having second thoughts?' Elsie asked. Tom stood still for a moment, and then looked at Elsie. 'No, we've come too far now,' he replied as the three of them made their way into the campus."
- I Loaf A Parade (Pie, Pie, My Darling), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "'I also like it when they throw candy from the floats,' Tad added. Daria suddenly grabbed Tad and lifted him up to eye level. 'They WHAT?'"
- Love Kills (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "Much to Tom's surprise, a big smirk spread across Cassidy's face. 'I never knew you were so... cunning. I like that,' she said, as she stroked a finger up Ashley's chest."
- A New Direction, by peetz5050 (parts 18 and 19): "Daria walked on to polite applause when she was introduced, air kissed Lydia, shook hands with Kevin and sat down demurely on the edge of the couch. She looked relaxed and confident and wore a small smile." (Part 19)
- Not Gonna Look (The All New All-Purpose Creative Writing Thread), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "About halfway up, she saw Ashley coming down the stairs. He was wearing socks and a t-shirt that was half tucked into his boxer shorts, and his hair was messy. He was carrying two ice cream dishes."
- Operation Cuckoo (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'Congratulations, Daria - assistant editor on Cosmo!'"
- Show A Little Tenderness (LongSnakeMoan's Fluff Thread), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "'Helen, get back here now. I said get back here now. I swear to God if you don't get back here now I will not be held responsible for my actions. Helen, now.'"
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "As the scion of the mysteriously wealthy Sloane family, Tom Sloane walked his merry way up the road late at night because his 'slumming it' car died a final death and his cellphone battery was dead."
- When the Bough Breaks, by Kristen Bealer (parts 2 and 3): "For a few seconds Jodie thought about racing to the door and yelling for Mack to come back. She wanted to scream, You can't leave me here alone!" (Part 3)
- Wrong Glass (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "Tom was sat at a table in the bar as Luhrmann brought some drinks over for them."