It's Teddy Bear Day, and Daria is super excited about it, as you can see. You can almost read her mind here: "Let me guess. It squeaks."
On a personal note, today marks the fourth anniversary of my taking the reins at this very blog, and so far I've managed not to utterly destroy fandom in a violent orgy of fire and explosions. Not bad, although we'll have to see what the coming year brings....
- ARC ch. 7 Another day, another pain, by ST91 (part 2): "When Daria came home she was not surprised to find the lights off and no one waiting for her. She was very pleased about that. She had too many thoughts in her mind and did not want to talk to anyone."
- ASPS, by PrecambrianStudios (part 74): "Karis felt a sudden urge to scream a series of obscenities in French at this girl, but she was already gone, and instead, frustrated tears welled up in her eyes."
- Daria: College Pains Redux, by James the Lesser (part 22): "'Daria?' The door opens and reveals Cousin Erin. 'What are you doing here?' Daria looks up from her boots. 'I didn't know where else to go. Who to talk to.'"
- Double Down, by neonhomer (part 45): "'Attention students,' Came Ms. Li's voice over the intercom. Tilly and Tristan both looked at each other. 'Funny, haven't heard her on the intercom in a while.' Said Tristan to Tilly in a hushed tone. 'Quiet you.' Said Tilly."
- Possibilities, by Sureia (part 23): "Like Angie had before her, Jane groaned in frustration at the sight of Joey and Jamie trading blows. For friends they seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time beating one another, though it was strange not to see Jeffy there."
- Redux, by Princess_Pasta (part 12): "Jace's hands were clenched into fists, his short nails digging into his palms. There was jam staining his shirt sleeve but that was the last of his worries. He was breathing heavily and it was only a matter of time before he exploded."
- Sleeping Firsts, by Snow-Kitty (part 5): "Jane chuckled to herself as she peered through the blue-tinted window of the rec room. 'Hey Daria check this out,' she called to her friend. 'Mr. DeMartino's trashing the rec room with rose petals.'"
- When You Wasn't Famous, by -sam (parts 14 and 15): "The next morning Ginny woke with a start when she realised she wasn't in her own bed. She settled back into the overstuffed pillow when she remembered she had spent the night with Harry and was in his hotel suite. She rolled onto her side and saw that Harry was already awake, and looking at her." (Part 15)