National Comic Book Day, with a little help from Ratboy. Why not grab a comic of your own and kick back for awhile? Hopefully yours contains less tooth swallowing than Kevin's does. Unless you're into that, in which case go nuts.
- Behind the Counter, by NightGoblyn (part 11): "Daria glanced up as the door beeper started making its noise, and frowned slightly to herself at the customer who was now wandering down the second aisle of the store."
- Close Encounters of the Mystik Kind (Ideas!), by Princess_Pasta (part 1): "He noticed that the person in front of him wasn't a 'dude' at all but a teenage girl. She was brushing off her black v-neck t-shirt, her red painted lips turned down into a frown."
- Daria's Roundworld, by TheTuxedo (parts 1 and 2): "The sounds of the tome being hefted over and dropped onto a table could be heard, followed by turning pages and a finger tracing a line. 'Ah, here we are.' She lowered her voice, and whispered dramatically, 'The Rite of AshkEnte.'" (Part 2)
- DW: Legacy of the Doctor, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "A female Tyrannosaurus Rex is walking in the Thames near Westminster. Police Officers are holding back the crowds. Police Officer (Gregson): Madame Vastra, Thank goodness. I'd wager you haven't seen anything like this before. Madame Vastra: Takes off veil. Well, not since I was a little girl."
- Favours (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by DarkDranzer (COMPLETE!): "(Timothy O'Neill knocks on the science lab door) Mrs. Barch: (deadpan) 'Door's unlocked and if you're a man I've got a full beaker of hydrochloric acid in arm's reach. Try me.'"
- The Hearts Within, by neonhomer (part 12): "The knock on my door woke me up. 'If you're not dead, you're going to wish you were if I have to get out of this bed!' I snapped, hoping to scare the offending person away."
- The Last Beat of My Heart (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "'Wake up, Tommy. It's over.' He heard screaming somewhere, his own name mostly Tommy Sherman followed by words he couldn't quite make out."
- A Promise Is A Promise (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Bound to Stacy's (soon-to-be-replaced) bed with the arm and leg manacles that no one dared ask the origin of, Kevin watched as the Fashion Club girls finished slathering... something... all across his chest and down to his privates, bulging through his tighty-whities."
- Psychiatric Devaluation, by DarkDranzer (part 3): "Calming himself down from the surge of adrenaline, he tried to think of a way to get to the window to his escape before those idiots caught up with him. In his unusual state of lucidity, he admitted he went overboard with strangling Kevin, even if the boy had been a consistent thorn in his side for over two years."
- Star Trek: Daria - Resurrection, by echopapa (part 11): "'Shuttlebay Two,' Daria read aloud. 'I guess this is the place.' She had just started packing her meager belongings when she was interrupted by the page from her intercom asking her to report to the shuttlebay."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: First Aid), by DarkDranzer (COMPLETE!): "Jodie: Alright, guys? We need to keep him alive until the paramedics arrive, which we still need to contact as Ms. Li conveniently banned all cell phones at the school. Andrea: Why?"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Oh, No! O'Neill!), by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): "'Take the case, Helen,' he'd said. 'You don't have to win it, but take it, run it start to finish. When it's over, I'll make you a full partner - none of this junior partner nonsense, your name will be the fourth one on the list. Just take the case, show me you can.'"
- Upper Echelon, by Princess_Pasta (part 17): "The beeping of a horn alerted him to the fact that a car was waiting for him at the curb. Sitting behind the wheel was Helen, still looking exactly the same as when he left. It was hard to believe she aged a day, unlike Jake who was already starting to sport gray hairs."