Three years ago today, the Occupy Wall Street movement began. Tom, as a member of the one percent, isn't terribly interested, but Charles RB tried a Daria twist on the protest in his God Save the Esteem story "Occupational Hazard" in which the Landons occupy Dega Street. It's exactly as crazy as it sounds.
- Ah, Hell, by metameric1 (part 22): "She couldn't concentrate with that sound coming from somewhere. The heating system vent regulators in the English Department Graduate Student workroom didn't work at all, and they had to leave the window cracked open to keep the room from getting too hot. Too bad her headphones were sitting on the nightstand in the bedroom."
- ASPS, by PrecambrianStudios (part 75): "'ALL RIGHT, people,' DeMartino roared to the assembled members of the yearbook club, causing at least a few students to flinch. 'Due to INCREASES in funds, we are now REQUIRED to give more coverage to the ACADEMIC clubs. And since we have enough interviews to last another three yearbooks, we're going to need more PHOTOGRAPHS. Any VOLUNTEERS?'"
- Cold Esteem, by Indigo (COMPLETE!): "It was late afternoon as Superintendent Cartwright responded to the buzzing of the intercom on his desk. 'Yes, what is it?' he asked his secretary. 'Ms Daria Morgendorffer is still waiting to speak to you; she has been here for more than an hour now.'"
- The Hearts Within, by neonhomer (part 11): "It was bothering me that Jane wasn't there. I kept thinking back to this morning, where she said she wasn't mad, but yet, why wasn't she walking with me? Almost every day since I've been here, we've walked back and forth to school together."
- Upper Echelon, by Princess_Pasta (part 15): "As if things couldn't get any worse, Jane was enlisting her to aid in the search for the "perpetrators" as she'd taken to calling them. It wasn't that Daria didn't want to see the assholes taken down, it was that she didn't have the energy to get involved."
- When You Wasn't Famous, by -sam (COMPLETE!): "Ginny tightened her grip on her broom as she waited for the referee to start the fixture against Italy." (Part 19) (Part 20) (Part 21) (Part 22) (Part 23) (Epilogue)