Daria's enjoying a rare peaceful moment on International Coffee Day, and I'm sure Jake's going to join her soon. Let's just hope he's got decaf, though. Also, Quinn wants to remind everyone that coffee = caffeine = dark circles. That was today's public service announcement.
Speaking of Jake, today is also World Heart Day, so whatever you do, don't mention what the doctor told him about cheese.
- Another Saint Daria, by LSauchelli (part 1): "'Where did I go wrong?' She wondered out loud. But she knew."
- Backstage Preparations (Iron Chef: Oh No, She Didn't!), by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "(Scene: the backstage of a beauty pageant. A young woman is preparing to go on stage. She is assisted by three other women) 'All right, Daria, again: considering the current world state of affairs and the threat posed by extremist terrorist political groups with the operating all over the world, what do you think...'"
- First Words (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by DarkDranzer (COMPLETE!): "It was spring time in the old DeMartino residence that normally housed two occupants. Tonight, however, was a special night where the elder member of the household was expecting this evening to go well."
- Forced Impression, by Indigo (part 4): "'You don't think nearly all my clothes going missing at the same time as we moved to a new town just happened, do you?' 'You mean mom arranged it somehow?' 'Yep, this way no one in Lawndale got to see the real me.'"
- Loopholes (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by DarkDranzer (COMPLETE!): "Anthony DeMartino was grinning ear to ear, sure the school he teaches at is an irredeemable cesspit of corruption and failure but today he's been given a lifeline."
- Occupy Lawndale (Iron Chef: Billionaire Daria), by InvisibleDan (COMPLETE!): "It began on my eighteenth birthday. I woke up from a dream that I couldn't remember. That always irritates me."
- Psychiatric Devaluation, by DarkDranzer (part 4): "On the other side of the door Anthony growled, he could just picture Barch's damn smug face right now. However, Li's comment hit a raw nerve. All she saw was the glory of Laaawndale High, all the more glorious for her because she didn't have to teach the damn idiots that populated it."
- Redux, by Princess_Pasta (part 14): "A slight figure dressed in a form-fitting pair of black jeans and a heavy jacket stood on the edge of the railroad tracks, cool night air blowing her long hair in several directions. She stood and stared, the tiny suburb of Lawndale seemingly gigantic as it was spread out before her."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Billionaire Daria), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "'Well I can't believe it! The old bat finally gave up the ghost finally.' Jake said in his joking manner. 'JAKE!' Helen said quickly to remind him of where the family was."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Billionaire Daria), by TheTuxedo (COMPLETE!): "Daria paid the clerk and took her pizza to the only empty booth, where she sat down alone. She liked to come here occasionally to pretend she was someone else, someone who wasn't judged on the size of her wallet."
- Up In Smoke, by Princess_Pasta (part 1): "Quinn tried not to let her restlessness affect her work performance...no matter how tiring her job was becoming. As an administrative assistant, she had to do lots of menial tasks that made her want to rip every red hair from her head."