Happy Labor Day to those who actually get the day off! Helen is probably not among them, but I suppose that's fitting--it's a holiday that celebrates working, so somebody ought to be doing something productive. Not me, though.
- Ah, Hell, by metameric1 (part 20): "The rest of the summer was a difficult period of adjustment. Waking up without him was a great way of starting the day on a definite downer."
- The Art of Life, by Leni (COMPLETE!): "When she was two, Jane painted flowers along the bottom of the walls. Penny and Summer would wander delightedly in her wake, gathering the blossoms into colorful bouquets and pinning crooked lilies and wildflowers into each other's hair."
- ASPS, by PrecambrianStudios (part 72): "A girl of elementary-school age, wearing a ratty grey hoodie and jeans so faded that they were practically white stood up on several bags of garbage and looked at him. At first, the manager thought she was wearing a parka from the frayed hood, until he realized that what he thought to be damaged lining was in fact long, ratty platinum-blonde hair. 'Yeah?' said Roan impatiently."
- Black Cloaks of Lawndale, by Waylander (part 18): "When Herb read a short essay about the five famous mages of twentieth century written by Jane, he wasn't surprised to find David Copperfield at the top of the list."
- Daria: High School Reunion, by Serrallonga (part 3): "MELODY: Daria. (DARIA recognizes the agent and keeps on walking away, ignoring her. Melody insists) MELODY: *Please*? (Daria stops, without turning her head)"
- Daria's Addition (Iron Chef: Arranged Marriage), by Vukodlak (COMPLETE!): "'Daria.....' Jane looked to her friend as they walked down the street. This question had been burning in her mind all day and she'd been working up the nerve to ask."
- Don't Read This, Mr O'Neil, by Matryoshka-Sweetheart (COMPLETE!): ">Okay, Mr. O'Neil apparently had a brilliant burst of inspiration for us to keep a journal to write out feelings in some attempt to become closer with our inner selves. Bunch of crap, if you ask me."
- Forced Impression, by Indigo (part 2): "Helen glanced in her rear-view mirror and saw the girls walking home together. She saw that there was one thing that had improved already; Quinn was happier to be seen in Daria's company now that she was dressing more appropriately."
- Fresh Hell, by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Did we move? Daria thought. She held her tongue. This place was that same as any other place in the Terran Empire, or to be the Terran Empire some day if the announcers on the radio had it right."
- General Semantics, Private Angst, by gwrtheyrn (part 45): "General Audhoyo snorted in derision. '"Represents the 'Gorgzin,'" does she?' he sneered. 'Your "Gorgzin" has no authority over me. I represent the human beings of Earth.' The man seemed unaware that he was in irons, with guns pointed in his general direction."
- One Night at the Dockside Cafe, by Cap (COMPLETE!): "One peeled away from the crowd turning to the right. He was young, early twenties perhaps, slender with broad shoulders and close cropped hair. He carried a laptop and three thick books tucked tightly against his hip."
- Redux, by Princess_Pasta (part 11): "Middleton was home to a number of sororities and fraternities, most of which Quinn had already researched. While she browsed the photos on the internet, she imagined herself there among the other Phi Delta Gammas. She would be back on top."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Arranged Marriage), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Tom Sloane stared glumly into his glass of tea. 'This is the worst possible way that an arranged marriage could work.'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Arranged Marriage), by neonhomer (COMPLETE!): "'This is not happening! No way in hell is this happening!' Amy Barksdale screamed into the phone. 'I am not some puppet for you to do with as you see fit, Mother!'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef : MMORPG, Lawndale style), by Waylander (part 3): "Once Daria read about the specifics of Half-Aliens, it was easy to understand the developers' logic."
- When You Wasn't Famous, by -sam (parts 9 and 10): "'Harry,' Dean started to say. 'Was that,' Seamus said. 'Ginny Weasley?' Neville said, concluding the question. The three friends all stared at Harry who proceeded to pour himself a cup of tea." (Part 10)