Daria was mentioned twice as part of MTV's twentieth anniversary. That makes MTV 35 now, which is much too old for their primary demographic. Tsk, tsk.
- The Bench, by dmsfanman (COMPLETE!): "Daria went inside and closed the door. When she turned around Quinn was standing right in front of her. 'Eeep,' Daria said. She thought, 'That was certainly a profound statement.'"
- Cynic and a Six-String, by fringeperson (part 24): "It seemed that the school insisted on forcing career aptitude tests on the entire student population on an annual basis. Even the kids that had jobs – or even only kind of had jobs – had to fill out the forms."
- Daria Ravenclaw: No Country For Unpleasant Old Men, by Meester_Lee (part 1): "It was time to see the girl, thought Arcturus Black. He'd buried more old friends in the last couple of years, and even factoring in his admittedly-weak powers of divination, he wasn't that sure as to just how long his remaining health and vigor would last."
- Great Professor Dario Ch.2, by ST91 (part 1): "'Please, Ms. Lane, come this way.' said Helen before climbing the stairs. 'Yes Mrs. Morgendorffer. By the way you can call me Penny.'"
- The Many Doctors - Chapter 35, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "The TARDIS materialised. The Doctor, Rose and Felica stepped out. Rose turned around. 'Adam? Out you come.'"
- The Mighty Fall (Pasta's Never-ending Ideas Thread!), by Princess_Pasta (COMPLETE!): "The auditorium was packed, everyone from freshmen to seniors seated inside, and yet one could've heard a pin drop. The air was heavy, the mood tense, and Jane Lane suspected it would've been better suited for a funeral."
- Required Secondary Abilities, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'Well, this makes it official,' Daria Morgendorffer quipped, looking down from the enclosed balcony to what – to her eyes – reminded her of a massive football field, but with no goal posts and the yard markers labeled by multiples of five instead of ten, and going up to 150."
- The start of something.... strange (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "It was the first day of senior year, the big final year, one more round of torture before they graduated and either went to college or headed off into 'the real world'. Jane still wasn't sure what that meant."
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by Wraith (COMPLETE!): "Quinn, who was tight as a drum, burst out laughing and shouted: 'Here come the Franzosen to the rescue: Ourrah pobieda!'"