Ingrid Bergman's birth in 1915. The only Casablanca reference I can think of from the show is when Brittany confused the movie title for the word "casanova." Anyone else know of one I'm forgetting?
Also in this day sixteen years ago, Admonisher published the essay A Rant About "Evil" Tom. In spite of the amount of time that's passed, the points are still relevant to fandom and to fanfic writing.
- Camped Out, by Kristen Bealer (part 2): "Back at the camp, Trent was starting to wonder when they were going to have sack races or toast marshmallows. So far everyone was just standing around and talking, and no one was doing the summer camp stuff he'd been expecting."
- Clarity, by Zetor (part 8): "I blink and yawn as I check the clock on the bedside table. It reads eleven thirty. I start to panic about being late for school, then I remember I don't go to school any more."
- Close (Iron Chef: Daria and Quinn Roommates), by Zetor (COMPLETE!): "Daria lay back on her bed reading as she took advantage of the opportunity to listen to her music from her stereo rather than on her headphones. She and Quinn had made an agreement to always use headphones when they were both in the room after their competing stereos had given their father a panic attack."
- Cynic and a Six-String, by fringeperson (part 28): "'Jane? Jane!' 'Huh? Oh, sorry, that guy keeps looking at me,' Jane defended as the Spiral played their closing number for the first set – Mr Normal."
- Me And My Monkey, by Dennis (part 3): "I spent a sleepless night on the couch with bad TV droning in the background. Dave was out, so all I had for company was my whirling thoughts and Monkey, who enjoyed the attention."
- Standstill, by Princess_Pasta (part 6): "'This is torture!' Quinn lamented as she dramatically threw herself across her bed, sending several stuffed animals flying to the floor. The last thing she wanted was to be cooped up in her room, locked away from the outside world, with only her textbooks for company."
- Unnamed story (IC Runaway Daria), by Waylander (part 6): "Daria sat with the spiral notebook braced against her knees. Slowly, she read through her adaptation of Treasure Island. She wasn't satisfied with the scene of Jim Hawkins hijacking of Hispaniola."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria and Quinn Roommates), by EntrancedCat (COMPLETE!): "Jake Morgendorffer finished turning in the last screw and got down from the step ladder onto the deep carpet in his daughters' bedroom. He closed and opened the opaque grey room divider a couple times admiring his handiwork as it slid smoothly and nearly soundlessly along the ceiling track."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria and Quinn Roommates), by nightbeast37 (COMPLETE!): "Daria trudged inside the bedroom she shared with Quinn (against her will). She had just finished yet another day at hell on Earth (aka school) and needed some time to herself before her little redhead sister burst her bubble."
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by Kuriamo22 (COMPLETE!): "Admiral Kirk stood defiantly in front of the rogue Klingon commander Kruge whom held him at gunpoint on the dying world of Genesis. Kruge had just ordered his men to be beamed to the Bird of Prey in orbit save for Spock."