World Television Day, although I'm not sure this is any different from any other day for them. I should point out that the holiday is actually about the role television plays in shaping and helping society, so Daria should also be sure to yell at the TV if there are any book burnings going on.
Today is also False Confession Day, so if you want to own up to murdering Kevin, go for it. Just be aware that half of Lawndale High has already beaten you to it.
- A J Alphas Up, by EntrancedCat (part 1): "Fifteen minutes were left in study hall as Daria sighed and closed her paperback book. She paused to stare at the title even as she attempted to shield it from any interested eyes, not that many other students at Lawndale High were interested in what a brain had to read."
- Benjamin Morgendoffer, by Veleriphon (part 6): "Apparently over the weekend, a cafe in town was vandalized. Mr. O'Neill tried to get the class at least interested enough to vocalize something in response."
- Cops And Robbers And Magic, by psychotol (parts 2 and 3): "'You didn't confiscate the cash?' asked the superintendent. 'Aside from the ethics of those powers, sir, she has successfully sued us before and would again,' replied Matilda, 'I have an idea though. I would like to work with the quartermaster on some of the CS sprays and Tasers, next time she steals any of these items, I want her to wish she hadn't.'" (Part 3)
- Cynic and a Six-String, by fringeperson (part 40): "'Hey Daria, we got invitations to a five-year reunion at Camp Grizzly,' Quinn called excitedly as she hustled into the kitchen with the mail. 'What a shame, I'm busy that day,' Daria answered with flat sarcasm."
- Last of the Summer Whine, by Kristen Bealer (part 2): "'So we're all set?' Elsie asked after she and Tom had gone over their plan for the sixth time. 'We're set,' he confirmed. "Operation Vacation Cancellation" is a go.'"
- Lead Us Not into Tempation (Daria and the Gang Thread), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'Ahhhh!' Daria stirred uncomfortably. It sounded like a scream, a scream from Quinn, a very unhappy one at that."
- The Many Doctors - Chapter 27, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "'We need a backup in case they don't reach the auxiliary engines in time. Come on, think. Resources. What have we got,' the Doctor said. 'Doctor?' Felicia asked. 'What is it now?' 'Who had the most number ones, Elvis or the Beatles? Pre-download?'"
- Misery Machine, by NightGoblyn (part 13): "The next few days passed quickly, and the girls found themselves lumped together in the back of a school bus on their way to Jim's Paintballing Jungle, a magical place hidden in a swathe of untended forest surrounded by the rolling farmlands to the southwest of Lawndale."
- Momentum, by Princess-Pasta (part 3): "'Ten Ways Videogames Can Improve Your Sex Life (Really). Can you believe they publish this crap?' 'You're surprised?'"
- Moonstruck, by NightGoblyn (part 4): "Sand crunched under her boots as she walked across a dull, barren plain. She folded her arms across her chest and tucked her hands into her armpits, huddled against the cold and solitude."
- Return From The Other Side (My Annual Thanksgiving Fanfic Release - 2016!), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'So. You're back.' 'Glad to see you, too, Richard. Haven't had anyone reminding me of the minutiae of adherence to all of the rules lately.'"
- Thanksgiving, by dmsfanman (part 4): "Tom got up and started cutting and serving Jane's pumpkin pie. He topped each piece with whipped cream and served each piece to those at the table. As he sat down with his pie he turned to Daria and said, 'So, Daria, What about your memorable Thanksgiving?'"
- That Guy (My Annual Thanksgiving Fanfic Release - 2016!), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "You know what I've always hated? Well, 'who' - that person who makes me feel as if I've thrown up a little in my mouth and like I need to take a dump because my abdomen is filling up with crap from not going for three days, both at once?"
- Trouble in the Future (Chapter 1), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "Kristia went down to Bot Beta, the lowest floor. 'Landers to Pearson. There's a new development.' 'I have engaged one of the Marie Greeners. She's stopping me from gaining access to their vehicle!'"
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by Wraith (COMPLETE!): "'Intellectuals back then had good diction and higher voices.' Claire noted, and the others around the table just nodded. She continued, 'Frankly, she's just terse.'"