Mack's going the old-fashioned route for National Novel Writing Month, also known as NaNoWriMo. Various members of fandom have participated in this event, and I could see Daria trying it, as well. If nothing else, it's good for overcoming procrastination. As long as she doesn't run into another awful writer's block, of course.
Today is also All Saints' Day, which probably means the "bunch of saint's days" that Cupid can't keep track of all have to share this one. With that kind of treatment, I wouldn't blame them if they blew off Holiday Island to start a band of their own.
- Daria (and other characters) on the Defiant Round Robin, by EntrancedCat (part 45): "Daria was tired, wasn't she? She had never felt like this before. Of course, who had ever experienced anything like appearing suddenly on a spaceship, no, she corrected herself, a starship that she had thought was a fictional TV setting?"
- Lucy in the Sky with Daria, by Blake C Stacey (BlakeStacey) (COMPLETE!): "A borrowed space in late summer, between the arboretum soil and the branches of a weeping linden. Two young women. 'Jane, when did we meet? For the first time?'"
- Mr. and Mrs. Lane (Story idea for adoption: Vincent and Amanda CIA operatives), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "It was the first time in five years that Vincent and Amanda Lane had made love. Amanda rose from the tiny bed in her husband's sparse apartment, and wrapped a heavy quilt around herself before she sat in a chair next to the dirt-spackled window."
- A Resentful Cynic ch. 7 Another day, another pain, by ST91 (COMPLETE!): "The next morning did not begin well for Daria. Her face ached, and in general she felt lousy. Things got worse when she came down to breakfast because the screams of surprise/terror that the members of her family uttered perforated her eardrums."
- Sonoma Coma, by jtranser (part 24): "Daria took another swig of her Ambrosia Mojito and finished her lecture...."
- Stargate Delicately Balanced Daria Chapter Two, by Meester_Lee (parts 1 and 2): "Helen Morgendorffer awoke with a start, looked at the clock by her side of the bed, and ran into the bathroom to get ready to start her day at the office. She was in the shower when she remembered that it was Sunday morning and her eldest daughter had been returned to her safe and sound." (Part 2)
- Thanksgiving, by dmsfanman (part 1): "'No Mother, I am not coming home this weekend,' Tom said over his mobile phone."
- To Be Real, by elainefr (COMPLETE!): "Daria felt the loss of her friend much heavier than she had anticipated and found that she could no longer focus on the words before her; the tears that had threatened in the corners, now spilled over blurring the words as they hit the page."
- Unnamed story (Crossovers Still Crossing Over), by Wraith (COMPLETE!): "David Sorenson put the business card in his pocket, and then asked Daria, 'What would you do if you were asked to explain "right"?'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef : MMORPG, Lawndale style), by Waylander (part 19): "They met purely by accident. When Darlene was ready to give up leave the circus after the fruitless search, the old Lizardman stuck his head out of the central pavilion."