National Cream-Filled Donut Day. Unless you prefer twisted little crullers, that is.
Today is also the anniversary of something that happened in Angelinhel's fanfic 9.14.04, but I'm not going to spoil it by telling you what it is if you haven't read it yet.
- All's Fair, by Princess_Pasta (part 4): "'Doug Thompson, 18, captain and quarterback of the Lawndale Lions, made history today as he secured the team's first championship title' It was an old newspaper article, faded from time, which Kevin now kept tacked to his bedroom wall."
- Coffee, by Zetor (part 2j): "'Great,' Stacy said, a bright smile lighting up her face. Looking down at Daria's plate, she asked, 'Are you ready for dessert?'"
- Iron Chef: Truth or Dare, by Princess_Pasta and JPAGC (parts 3 and 4): "Kevin was no wimp and so there was really only one choice. 'Dare'." (Part 4)
- Is It Over Yet? (Quinn, Season 5), by WildDogJJ (part 3): "Quinn, Stacy and Lindy are there to bail their guys out. As they approach the station they see Jim, Chuck, Chris, Mack, Kevin and Tony emerge from the station. They are surprised. Quinn said "Jim, we just came to bail you guys out."
- Jay Lane, by ST91 (part 7): "When Trent Lane woke up he felt confused. He had no alarms in his room and rarely wore the wristwatch. I guess it's afternoon. Trent thought, looking out the window."
- Superiors, by ST91 (parts 16 and 17): "'Let's go inside, hurry!' Daria said. 'Upstairs! In mom's room!' She added immediately. Still shaken by the situation, Quinn did what her sister said." (Part 17)
- The Truth Seeker, by Rémi (COMPLETE!): "Visitation room. Quinn is coming in. She finds Daria sitting on a chair, wearing her usual straightjacket. This time, though, she isn't strapped to the chair. However, she is staring blankly at the ground and doesn't react to Quinn entering." (Part 15)
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (part 149): "Jodie Landon jumped out of bed. She was 11 minutes before the alarm went off and once her eyes opened, she jumped out of bed. Even though she could not tell time exactly, she could estimate a time based on biofeedback - her body tempature, intensity of previous REM cycle, blood pressure (she was very good at guessing it and her blood pressure was usually very stable)."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "The Tank careened wildly around the corner, briefly coming up on two wheels before slamming back down."
- The Weather On Planet Quinn, by kinkfloyd (COMPLETE!): "'Quinn,' my mother interrupts my phone conversation, 'will you go ask your sister to come down for a minute?' She's too busy to even look up from her mess of papers as she speaks to me."