There was a modified version of the frontispiece of The Daria Database that had Daria in an Apple advertisement, but I cannot find it now. Where'd it go?
Anyway, more soon. I have not updated all the recent goodies on DariaWiki but will do so later.
- Daria, Poem Unlimited: The Meme Wars, Part III, by Project Pegasus (COMPLETE!): [Oh. My. God. I immediately posted the link to this story on DariaWiki under "Good Crackfic." Awesome.]
- Daria Wakes Up and Slinks Off to the Pub, by NoLogique (Part 1): Daria woke up and slunk off to the pub. She selected her plaid jacket, the one that reminded her of Jane so much. She wandered through the chilly morning, the tint of rain clammy at her face. There was a man in a large cardboard robot costume in front of the pub doors, stepping out into the street jerkily. [Whoa. Out there, man.]
- The DT Files, by SSJ04 Mewtwo (COMPLETE!): [LOTS of ficlets, very cool stuff. Some are on the adult side, so to be safe this is linked to the author's site and not here.]
- Cold Comfort, by Doggieboy (Part 8): When Daria stepped away and jumped off the cliff face, the three people in the helicopter stared in shock. All were silent, except for the single f-bomb uttered by Jack. They watched as the woman hit several pine, maple and fir tree branches on her way to the reservoir below. Each branch she hit broke, but they also served to slow her fall, somewhat. Then she hit the water in a dive and disappeared under the surface. (SFMB)
- Gimme Skelter, by TAG and Brother Grimace (Part 6): Mackenzie found it easier to stand up in the Saladin’s turret if he supported himself with his right elbow on the lip of the gunner’s hatch while bracing his left boot against a stacked ammo box by the ladder below. Keeping the sling for his left arm tied against his chest also helped, though he credited much of his consciousness to the bursts of agony from his gunshot wound whenever the Saladin’s bad shocks jolted after hitting broken asphalt or debris. Medication scarcely diminished the pain. (SFMB) (HTML)
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by Dennis (COMPLETE!): Outside, the world held its breath, but inside the room, all was quiet. Senator William Jacob Sloane, the senior Senator from Maryland looked down at the aged figure in the bed before him. His father had maintained vigor in both body and mind well into his 90s, but the death of his beloved wife of over 70 years had finally sent the great man into his fatal decline. Now all that was left was a barely breathing shell.
- Unnamed story (Dead Like Me crossover), by Pinkminx (Parts 7 and 8): Tom led Jane to a quiet booth seat in the far corner of the bar and sat down. Jane stood at the end of the table arms folded protectively across her chest. "What do you want?" she asked vehemently. She was not in the mood for social niceties. BONUS! [from Part 8]: She sat in the shade of one of the oak trees as she tried to bide her time before her next reap. She withdrew the small piece of crumpled yellow paper and glared at; she knew the hit, she knew the address; it was her mother's law firm and her care factor was hovering around zero. [Whoa!]
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by Project Pegasus (continued from earlier fragment): Daria climbed leisurely up the stairs that led to the roof, humming "Pop Goes the Weasel" for kicks. As she lifted the hatch that opened onto the roof, she met the smell of military grade explosives mixed with construction material turned carcinogenic by being set aflame. The slightest whiff of charred flesh made her blood rush.