Another major fandom holiday! Today is National Deep Dish Pizza Day! It was started by a Chicago pizza restaurant chain, so that figures, but hey, it's all for Daria, so get one and dig in.
Oddly, today is also Qing Ming, a.k.a. Tomb Sweeping Day in China (including Taiwan), which is exactly what it sounds like. However, there is more to the story than that, as it is also a real get-the-day-off holiday and is a sort of Chinese Valentine's Day, too. Cool.
- Roentgen has started an intriguing Iron Chef: The Celeb Interview, in which you interview one of the Daria cast in the world today, as if they had been real people. Try it!
- What new directions can our fanworks take? Read the thread and contribute your thoughts.
- NEW! Another Lawndale's Episode, by Silver (Part 1): "Something feels off." "Must be a new test." "Or a pep rally." "Or a giant robot."
- A Cynic in New York, by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): I was waiting for Daria Morgendorffer. The one truth about Daria is that she doesn't do interviews. But somehow, I managed to get an in with her publicist and we managed to meet at Pulse, a chic cafe over Rockefeller Center for lunch and a brief chat.
- The Dream of the White Darkness, by jtranser (continued): One thing was certain, this was not going to be an ordinary nuclear test.
- NEW! Finn Morgendorffer 41: It's Called Boston, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 3): “Finn?” Jane wondered groggily. “Daria and Tom? I must be having a very weird dream... no, I’m not covered in honey dijon dressing.”
- General Semantics, Private Angst, by Gwrtheyrn (Part 21): Mackenzie had not hidden a knife away, but did have a stout pair of Finnish-made scissors in an inner vest pocket. "It's weird, but it's illegal to carry most knives in the City. Scissors are fine, and guns are practically required." "Aren't we law-abiding, all of a sudden," Daria said.
- NEW! Ring-a-Ling, by Doggieboy (Part 2): “Why didn’t you tell me about the obscene phone calls in the first place?” “Because, Daria said something wrong to me! That’s more important!”
- NEW! Shining Star: Temporal Conundrum, by RLobinske (Part 4): A tone from his personal computer caught his attention. The readout warned of incoming X-ray and gamma radiation. The approaching pulse was massive; large enough to saturate all the facing hemisphere of the planet with enough radiation to cause moderate to severe sickness in all exposed life.