Happy anniversary to Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI, who were married on this day in 1770. I'm sure their marriage was nothing but joy and delight. Quinn, of course, focuses on the important stuff:
Quinn: Did Marie Antoinette really have the champagne glasses molded after her...you know?
David: We really should be focusing more on the politics of the Revolution, but that's what they say. If she'd been a different body type, we'd be drinking champagne out of bowls.
Helen: David, I must say I'm quite impressed. I've never seen Quinn have so much fun studying.
Quinn: That's because in school they only teach you the really boring stuff. Mom? Dad? Did you know Marie Antoinette never said "let them eat cake"? That expression comes from a story about a princess, written by Rousseau. Right?
Jake: Lousy tabloids!
- Anything For You Kid (Iron Chef: Random Love Triangle Challenge!), by Shiva (part 1): "It had been hard being a widower, but they didn't call Nathaniel A. H. Morgendorffer 'Mad Dog' for nuthin."
- Cats, Cast and Card (was Broken), by JoeMerl (COMPLETE!): "When Brian woke up the next morning he was confused, unable to remember why he felt so tired or why his arm was hurting so badly. Then he noticed the cast. Oh, yeah. Dammit."
- Daria and Jane: A Confession of a Different Sort... (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Daria: 'Uh Jane?' [Jane turns around] Jane: 'Yeah Daria?'"
- A Date With Quinn, by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "It was odd, Duane thought. Even when Quinn got out of the house and away from her family, she didn't seem to relax much. She looked comfortable enough in his car, and if she had a problem with Cruisers she didn't bring it up. He didn't claim to understand the female mind, but there was definitely...well, something." (Part 3) (Part 4)
- Death Comes to Lawndale, by PrecambrianStudios (parts 20 - 24): "A tall woman with yellow eyes, pale complexion, and midnight-black hair stood before the Sloane siblings, holding a bundle of papers in front of her reading-glasses." (Part 21) (Part 22) (Part 23) (Part 24)
- Depths of Shallowness, by SacredDust (parts 2 - 5): "Clothes are my whole world. They make me feel safe. I never let guys touch me under them and I hate when they undress me with their eyes. What I put on is for them. What's underneath is different." (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
- Ex Ex (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by peetz5050 (parts 1 and 2): "'Now girls I know it's not easy for you to move to a new school in a new town so don't be surprised if it takes some people a little while to warm up to you, right Daria?' The voice of JAKE came from the front seat." (Part 2)
- Finding A New Lane, by RLobinske (part 2): "'Hi, Mr. Morgendorffer,' he said. 'Andy! How's it going?' 'Okay, I guess. Um, can you do me a favor?' 'I suppose so, what is it?' 'I need some help with my science fair project.'"
- Is It the 41st Century Yet?, by baelparagon (part 1): "'Lady Morgendorffer, Astropath Scarlett has informed me that we will be transitioning into imperial space within the hour. Do you have any orders?' A voice voxed into the private cabin of the inquisitor. The girl who had been reading One flew over the Tyranid nest sighed, sitting up and almost punching the vox input button."
- The Legend of Cora, by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "The door opened slowly creaking on its hinges. Daria and Jane had seen too many horror movies to know that this was usually the first step of getting your body stuffed in a fridge, but they heard a masculine voice call, 'Sorry, I was getting dressed! Do come in, please!'"
- Lurhmans's Crush (Iron Chef: Random Love Triangle Challenge!), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "It was late when Daria Morgendorffer, and her second cousin, Lurhman Barksdale, arrived at the Zen (or Zon, as Daria called it)."
- Mack the Esteemer, by Shiva (part 21): "Jane kept on snickering, 'Don't worry Big M. I'm making a beeline for the AV Room first thing, I plan to sell copies of the "Mocha Nightmare Riots" to our fellow morons. I mean classmates.' 'No you were right the first time.' Daria commented with a wry grin."
- The Mageborn Cynic Chapter 4, by peetz5050 (part 2b): "The coach stopped close by and a young woman garbed as a Dhanuan nun in a high wimple and dark gray worsted robe got out and approached her. 'Have I the honor of addressing the Lady Quinn?' She asked in a barely audible voice."
- Of All The People That Won't Be Missed, by LongSnakeMoan (part 1): "'Hello.' She looked up and immediately she felt her cheeks flush red. The delivery guy stood in front of the open door, piled high with Trent's crap, chewing on a piece of gum."
- Stuck in a Ruttheimer (Scenes that should be: Polite Requests), by SinisterExaggerator (part 2): "Brett turned from the driver's seat and smirked. 'This car is a family heirloom.' The sudden screech! of the brakes indicated to all inside that headlight had not met wall. 'But not in the "crown jewels" sort of way. More like hemophilia.'"
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "'It's a funny thing, you know? I never wanted this.' Tom's remark went unanswered. Not because Upchuck lacked a response. It was just a bit difficult for a Kindred who'd been staked to do things like move or talk."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Jane's Subtraction), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'And what does six minus three equal? Miss Lane.' Ms. June asked without looking behind her as she drew basic math equations on the board."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'In order for Lawndale High School to raise money to overcome our crippling budget shortfalls,' Ms. Li announced over the loudspeaker, 'a group of selected students will be assigned to Room 243 from 12 pm to 1 pm to provide...uh...body services to high ranking businessmen, politicians, and other interested parties. We're expecting you to give your all for Lawndale High.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'I'm going to PROVE that I can be just as good as Daria,' Quinn muttered angrily as her fingers flew on the keyboard, 'Then she won't have a leg to stand on.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Gee Quinn,' Stacy cooed as she had lunch with her old High School friend, 'I'm really impressed with how well you're doing.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'So what was your old town like?' Tori asked curiously. Daria laughed, 'Oh, it was a pretty nice place until things went crazy.' 'Define crazy.' Tori stated as she looked at the new popular girl."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "'Daria...I kissed Quinn. I wasn't thinking clearly, and I kissed her. I...' Jodie trailed off at the expression on Daria's face."
- The Vampire of the Seven Veils (Scenes that should be: Polite Requests), by Shiva (part 1): "It had sucked that Jane had just upped and ditched her for some guy she just met, and with Trent and the guys blazed and expected to play another set there wasn't a ride to be had. So Daria found herself hoofing it in the middle of the night in the deserted sidewalks near Dega Street."
- Worldburner Epilog: Trip to the Beach, by RLobinske (COMPLETE!): "Standing in front of the Ringbearer Archangel and Foundation Guide Reiko Tsereba, Agency Hypersphere Supervisor Richard said, 'Look, after all we've been through with the Judith crisis, we deserve a little break and I know a perfect, isolated beach where we won't be disturbed. We'll bring some big umbrellas, lawn chairs, some cool drinks, a few munchies and simply sit back and enjoy the atmosphere.'"