It's V-E Day, or Victory in Europe Day, which is the anniversary of the surrender of Nazi Germany near the end of World War II. Brittany and Kevin are celebrating that the war is over on the right...or maybe they're just celebrating that it's Wednesday.
Today is also School Nurse Day, so let's all honor Nurse Chase! But don't bother showing her that rash. She's a little squeamish.
- Alison Wonderland (Iron Chef: Alison Wonderland!), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "Painting, Jane thought. The one profession that involves willfully inhaling carcinogenic fumes. How the hell else could she have persuaded me to follow her? She found herself wearing a mopish frown as Alison led her down one of Ashfield's numerous wilderness trails."
- Daria+Stacy fluff, by Astrocar82 (part 1): "Stacy Rowe's spilling her diet soda all over her dress was a moment that should really only be amusing, but it turned into much more than that."
- Death Comes to Lawndale, by PrecambrianStudios (parts 13 - 15): "oh god i want to get out of here why won't they let me leave" (Part 14) (Part 15)
- The Fall, by Ranger Thorne (part 6): "They turned to see the Sith looking at them. 'You are both useless. One is a mother who let her daughter be locked away for telling the truth. And the other is a child who can only hide behind those with real power. Wroth raised her hand as the Force lightning began to dance between her fingers. 'What could you possibly say that would keep me from killing you?'"
- Girl Code? (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "'Uh, that'll sound disturbing with what I'm going to say next. How come girls always go to the bathroom together?'"
- The Great Genderswap of Lawndale!, by Shiva (part 8): "As soon as Darius had said, 'Kerry?' the girl on the other end exclaimed, 'Darius! I'm sorry I forgot to call you last night, but me and Brint kind of got distracted...' Darius felt himself throw up a little in his mouth at that."
- In Deep Water (IC: Daria the Time Lord), by Roentgen (part 1): "The body of Daria Morgendorffer lay there, unattended and would soon be placed on blocks to begin the autopsy. Her skin looked swollen, something like a sausage. Even the eyelids had swelling, as if she had gone two rounds with a boxer before suffocating to death."
- Jackie Goes to College (Who is she?/Iron Chef: Slutty Girl), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "It fell so surreal as the red brick buildings of Raft University came into the view, but as Jackie Wentworth drove the unfamiliar campus streets in her white T-Bird she couldn't help but smile. 'This is it,' she said to herself, 'This is the start of college.'"
- The Mageborn Cynic Chapter 3, by peetz5050 (COMPLETE!): "The Right Honorable Lady the Countess of Makteer, Tochter des Herzogs, Vicontessa di Mittenstan, the Lady Quinn Heloise Evangelina Bella Dolorosa Jakobsdottir of the Duchy of Morgendorffer was getting bored and trying desperately not to fidget."
- The Mageborn Cynic Chapter 4, by peetz5050 (part 1): "By the time they'd reached the foothills of the northern range all of their shields were much stronger and they were in a state of wary readiness that surpassed the professional mercenaries. After a brief halt to rest and water the horses Daria announced they'd be starting the real lessons on the morrow. Everyone groaned."
- The Punk and the Snark, by Shiva (part 8): "'Oh my!' Was the clever refrain that --- managed to blurt out once the shock wore off."
- Still Mental In The Morning..., by BrownEyedBagel (COMPLETE!): "'Hand of god! That's how I ended up with the name "Spatula Man"!'"
- Trent-cam (Scenes that should be: Polite Requests), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'And now...' Mr. O'Neill gushed in his faux happy voice, 'A film by Daria and Jane.' At their desks, Jane was grinning like she won the lotto, Daria however seemed bored and a tad annoyed."
- Twilight in the Dariaverse (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Oh Sandi!' Quinn cooed happily as she and the Fashion Club sat around in a circle in her room, 'You're reading Twilight!'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Random Love Triangle Challenge!), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "'Why, hello, beautiful.' Willow turned. As if from nowhere, a colorful hot air balloon had landed in her yard."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "Quinn beamed and clapped her gloved hands in delight. 'Why, I thought of no bettah way to dessicate our brand new Lawndale High Tea Room than with a nice tea pahty! What, what?'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Tom smiled at the email from his ex-girlfriend Daria, oh sure their breakup hadn't been the best thing in the world but hey. That's how the cookie crumbled, right? He read the title, 'Here's a fun story to read.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "It was a warm, early summer day in Lawndale. The heat was barely disturbed by a cool breeze, which slowly rocked the hammock which Charles 'Upchuck' Ruttheimer III had taken up residence."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "Daria mumbled something unintelligable in her sleep. Then there was an explosion."