Friday, December 6, 2013

I Think That I Shall Never See a Library Lovely as a Tree


The Lawndale Public Library, we see on the right, was named after the late poet Alfred Joyce Kilmer, who was born on this day in 1886. Why? Not really sure. Maybe someone involved with the show was a fan.

Today also happens to be the anniversary of the Altamont Free Concert in 1969. The concert is, of course, infamous for the tragedy and violence that occurred there. It was also referenced in "The Road Worrier" by Jake:

Jake: Altamont! Terrible tragedy, but I demanded my money back and I got it.

Daria: Wasn't Altamont free?

Jake: That's the same line they tried to use on me!

Gouka Ryuu's excellent story fragment touches on Jake's experience at the concert, as well.

Fanfic Update!
  • The End of Her War (IRON CHEF: Daria in MASH), by malakite: "Franklin Piece had obviously gone nuts.He was singing yankee doodle in his boxers while dancing around the mess. She shook her head and wondered how long it would be for her."

  • Kim Possible: The Solo Missions, by Erin M. (part 1): "Kim entered the main common area of the dorm and went to a door behind the information desk. She knocked and waited. After a moment, a young woman in her mid-20s opened the door. She had shoulder length brown hair, glasses with thick black frames, and a somewhat sardonic expression."

  • T Story, by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "The Mr. T doll cautiously poked its head out from within the box. 'Hmm, so this is my new home,' it said gruffly. He scanned the room, one hand over his eyes. 'Strange, I don't see any other toys. Maybe this isn't the kid's room?'"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last is actually titled
"The End of Her War"

Kristen Bealer said...

Ah, thank you for that. I had missed the previous post. I've made the change. :)