Emily Dickinson, who was born on this day in 1830. We know that Ms. Barch is also a fan, although I think her admiration stems mostly from the number of X chromosomes possessed by Dickinson than anything else.
- Brittany Gets a Phone Call (IC: Brittany at Great Prairie State), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Brittany smiled as she finished making her bed. 'There!' She said to herself happily, 'Nice, new pink sheets and a matching bedspread.'"
- Daria: High School Reunion, by Serrallonga (part 1): "JAKE: (Talking to the video camera) DAMN doomed camera! It's my daughter's Prom, you traitor, you little... example of the dictatorship of the machines! Why don't you just... do SOMETHING?"
- DW: The Many Doctors (Chapter 15), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 2): "Ten minutes later, there was a commotion in the Sherriff's office. 'Has this man done anything wrong?' the Sherriff asked. 'Nothing,' Felicia admitted. 'I thought you could ask him what he's doing in this town,' the Doctor said."
- The Great and the Good: Hemming's Way, by ognawk (part 1): "The doctor returned and handed Melissa the baby. 'Congratulations, Melissa, it's a girl.'"
- Hate/Love (Shorty Shorts), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "It was early in the morning, and Jane Lane was sat up in bed with her cell phone next to her ear, listening to Tom speak. This was a very surreal conversation to her, and one she never in her wildest dreams expected to have, yet here she was, talking about the events of the previous evening with Tom."
- His Fault (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "She was free. Free, but still hot. In fact, she felt gorgeous."
- Shadows of a Timeless Song, by Dennis (part 10): "'I didn't get anything.' Daria sighed. 'I'm sorry. I'm not myself right now. Something weird is going on.' 'Is that why you look like hell?' Jane chimed in. Daria gave her friend a sour look. 'I doubt you'd look any better.'"
- We Only Hurt the Ones We Love, by deneich (part 16): "We were in the middle of discussing our impressions of the first set, when Jane stated darkly: 'Oh great.' Following Jane's gaze, I noticed Kevin, Mike and two other boys – whom I recognized as classmates, but did not know their names – approaching from the opposite side of the club."
- Worst Superhero Ever (Shorty Shorts), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "It was a peaceful day at the Lawndale Community Bank. People were walking in and out, going about their day. Suddenly, a bunch of masked men burst into the room, wielding sawn off shotguns."