World Smile Day, so give us your biggest smile! Um, not you, Daria. Please stop. Seriously, it's getting creepy.
Quinn is also celebrating Techies Day by actually acknowledging the existence of computer geeks. But only the "cuter technical types" and not the "really enthusiastic" ones. She still has standards.
- Action Stories #5: When it Rains, it Pours, by NightGoblyn (part 1): "Jane turned and jerked the door open, causing the person standing on the other side to recoil slightly in shock. It was hard to tell in the early morning gloom, but she was pretty sure the visitor was a girl."
- All the things she said, by 39medalla (prologue): "The last time I saw her was 7 years ago, it was the last time I had about it was the last time you told her how much he loved her." (Spanish version)
- ASPS 3, by PrecambrianStudios (part 2): "He turned back to Dmitri, arms crossed over his chest, giving him a look one might give a cockroach. 'We've never met, but I know who you are. You're Dmitri Borya Vagin. Former leader of the Mafia, a position you held for two years. Now the laughingstock of Fielding's gay community.' He stared off into space, as if reconsidering. 'Actually,' he said, 'the community in general.'"
- A brief moment in the life of Cassie Morgendorffer, by SpookyZalost (part 1): "Cassie was relaxing on her bed enjoying the last days of summer, her birthday was coming up in august and she had finished high school a year early thanks to her aunt's help."
- Dysmorphosis (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): "She stared into the mirror. Her reflection stared back."
- Lawndale and Sandi Griffin's Genie: Future Excerpt 1, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 2): "Danielle couldn't sleep. 'I may as well go and look for that emerald again,' she thought. She got dressed and left the house. 'Hopefully, I will be able to find the emerald soon, and also get help from trustworthy people,' she thought."
- Lawndale's Finest: Detective Stories #6, by LSauchelli (part 4): "Of course it had been true. A ghost had been teaching her martial arts and the way of life for the better part of a year. A ghost had showed her the way to become Just. It had not seemed so strange after she realized this."
- A Little Too Real, by RLobinske (COMPLETE!): "As she waited, Daria though about how the three of them had joined the Agency during the Worldburner Crisis. Frightened to be pulled into a world of multiple realities and threats that could consume them, Daria had agreed to help and in the end, all three had joined. Almost four years later, they were now a seasoned field team."
- Night Witches, by Panzerfaust 150 (part 6): "Major General Alexandr Leontev, Soviet Army, was a very angry man."
- Psychiatric Devaluation, by DarkDranzer (COMPLETE!): "He cackled to himself, giddy that soon he'll be fulfilling one of his life's dreams since working there and giving Ms. Li the finger. He placed the key in the ignition and turned expecting the car to stall for a bit before he could peel away. But something was wrong..."
- Slow Tango in Lawndale, by Snow-Kitty (part 1): "Jane sat staring into the glowing and crackling fireplace, contemplating the somewhat magical evening she had shared with whom she had thought to be the most interesting man she had ever met."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Billionaire Daria), by Szcz (COMPLETE!): "Daria stood at the corner of the big dining room. As everyday, the contact lenses had been uncomfortable, so she had taken them out. She did not want to wear glasses, because she disliked looking too intellectual. Hence all the things around her, including human faces, were blurry."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "'I think, dear, that this is some sort of abuse of power. Or position.' This from Marie, looking with mild distaste at the scene unfolding before her."
- Up In Smoke, by Princess_Pasta (parts 2 and 3): "Quinn watched silently as she walked into her office and shut the door. I know that I'm right. I know this stuff. Quinn swallowed down her anger and made her way back to her desk. She'd have her moment. She would make sure of it." (Part 3)