Ready for a vacation? Why not try The Retreat, introduced on this day in 2000 in the episode "Psycho Therapy." We got to see all kinds of insights into the Morgendorffer family, not to mention Tom Sloane's previously-unknown dance skills. Anyone wonder if he still gets fan mail from those inmates?
Also on this day in 1998, Daria and Jane hosted the MTV special "Top 10 Animated Videos Countdown." During the show, they make a comment about Freud, who was the founder of the field of psychotherapy. Coincidence, or--yeah, coincidence. Still kinda cool, though.
- Daria Dinkley, by elainefr (COMPLETE!): "They were standing just outside the Mystery Machine with the side door slid open. 'You sure were smart to figure out all that stuff about "old man McGee" being the one to swindle those old people out of their money Velma.'"
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (parts 9a - 9e): "The implosion of Mrs. Crush's ballet class did not mean an end to the damage done to psyches and friendships since Miss Genevieve's sacking. If there weren't as many physical injuries as Daria's knee, there were plenty of bruised feelings and damaged friendships." (Part 9b) (Part 9c) (Part 9d) (Part 9e)
- Dystopia, by mailorderannie (part 10): "Gary shifted uneasily from side to side. Guarding the local Fox affiliate was usually boring - everyone knew what happened when someone attacked one of the Donald's pet agencies - but he'd heard about that whole team disappearing a week ago."
- A Friendship Past, by elainefr (COMPLETE!): "'You look great tonight,' he openly admired how the soft green of the top that she wore brought out the fleck of gold in her brown eyes."
- Possibilities, by Sureia (part 28): "It should have gone without saying that Daria did not like Mondays, but, then; did anyone? Did anyone out there spend their entire weekend thinking 'I can't wait for this to be over! Bring on Monday!'?"
- Stolen and Forced Paths: 1986: November, by macross (part 1): "'Use your Fucking turn signal you stupid bastard!' Jake Morgendorffer screamed out the window of his '79 Caprice station wagon."
- Thoughts about Daria, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1.1): "'Did we move?' Daria asked. Jake recognized her sarcasm. He remembered what his wife had said the previous night."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef : MMORPG, Lawndale style), by Waylander (part 17): "Darlene was walking through the old streets of the town, looking through the decrepit storefronts. The devastating combination of the war and the plague turned Drammarstadt into a ghost town."