National Hot Dog Day eating contest, but feel free to sit this one out if you're not interested in eating any more hot dog slices, hot dog jalapeno hotties, fried wieners, caramel-topped popcorn dogs, and whatever else Jake might have come up. Possibly including desserts.
Today is also Parent's Day, so let's all take a moment to reflect on the excellent parenting skills of Daria characters like, um, well....
Damn. Surely someone had to have done something right? Eventually?
- Angela Li's Departure, by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "Tension was so thick you could enroll it at Lawndale State. It was the penultimate day, the day before the event the teachers of Lawndale High had stopped dreaming about due to the pain, the day no student could have conceived of. Tomorrow, Principal Li was retiring."
- Decisions, by elainefr (part 17): "Daria looked at her parents and waited for their reactions. Her mother held a perfect poker face, with eyes that seemed to be trying to see into her daughter's brain and figure out something."
- The More Things Change, by Two-Eyed Charlie (COMPLETE!): "Well Mr. Eichler, Mrs. Lewis, I suppose I could say that's the last of my promised story. After all, this pseudo-memoir was only supposed to help explain the genesis of Jane and my comic series. But--and maybe it's just the writerly discipline that's been beaten into me--I don't think I can just leave it off there."
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Stacy looked up from her spot on the couch in the common area to see Mack exit the elevator. 'Hi, Mack!' 'Hey, Stacy. Have you seen Jodie?'"
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (part 29): "Karen finished her workout, or if she were being truthful, it finished her."