Samuel Colt, the inventor who made mass production of the revolver possible, a happy birthday. This may be a dubious honor, but think of it this way: without the revolver, Daria wouldn't have found that pink gun in her locker in "Murder, She Snored," and the episode would not have been created!
Huh. I'm not sure if I made a point for or against there.
Today is also the anniversary of the episode "Groped by an Angel," which aired on this day in 2000. No revolvers featured in that episode, but Quinn almost got crushed by a falling lamp and later completely ruined her new jeans, so that was pretty fun, right?
- 5 Fanfics that Daria Morgendorffer Bookmarked (And One She Didn't), by Blake C Stacey (BlakeStacey) (parts 1 and 2): "'And you promise me that this is actually a thing people do to food?' Jane sent an eyebrow as high as it could go, fixing an inquisitive, perhaps slightly accusatory stare upon Daria." (Part 2)
- Everyone Needs a Stereotype, by YumeSin (COMPLETE!): "'This one?' asked Jane, showing Daria her old lady and the Tiger painting. They had been picking out things to hang in their dorms, cross checking with each other if it had been good enough to hang on a wall that was most likely going to be puked upon by their drunken roommates."
- Interview Powers (Iron Chef - the Raft Interview), by tjdolf (COMPLETE!): "The Bromwell interview had been shaky, but for the Raft interview she was mentally prepared. Trying to be. She knew what she was supposed to do. Pretty much."
- The More Things Change (Iron Chef: The New Canon), by Two-Eyed Charlie (parts 17 and 18): "There was shouting again, exactly like when I rode the elevator up to Jane's apartment. And like at Jane's apartment, the origin of the commotion just so happened to be exactly where I was going." (Part 18)
- Morning Run, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'Hey, Mackenzie.' 'Hey, Carlyle.' Julia smiled as she kept pace with him as they jogged along the length of the quarry beach below where Legion Tower stood, the reddish-orange light of the half-risen sun casting long shadows as they ran."
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (part 28): "Daria and Jane were watching TV during a combined 'fun run'. It was a fun run because each was wearing a sensor array and each of them were running on an uphill treadmill and wearing pressurized masks that could change the atmospheres they breathed as they ran."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by Sureia (COMPLETE!): "'Well? What did you do with the potion?' Quinn the Enigma shrugged, shuffling her feet awkwardly as the druid council stared at her in silent and occasionally tittering judgement."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by WacoKid (COMPLETE!): "One afternoon, during Road Worrier, Jane and Daria were standing next to a field. 'What is Jessie doing?'"
- Unnamed story (World's Medium-Sized Crossover), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Mack and Stacy were sitting in a bar. It had been a long time since either of them were in high school, but Mack had that sinking feeling. He had been her boyfriend for four years and he felt that he had paid for it, sometimes in blood."