World Chocolate Day, but then again I think that's how she'd have wanted to go. I'm sure Daria and Tom will eat a few boxes of Quinn's chocolates in honor of the holiday, and given the opportunity I just might consider indulging myself.
Today is also a double anniversary for the episodes "Road Worrier" and "It Happened One Nut," which aired on this day in 1997 and 1999. Both episodes include an unusually high number of humiliations for Daria in front of Trent, as well as a slightly significant role for rodents--pervert squirrels in one, and escaped gerbils in the other.
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (part 18b): "The teachers and children left the small auditorium and went into the first exhibit, the Permian Reef Exhibit."
- Dylan, by J-D (part 36a): "'Thank you! Thank you! Oh, thank you!' Dylan was even more disturbed than he was surprised by what seemed to be an effusive rush of gratitude from Millie."
- Of Inhuman Bonding, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "'Wow, Helen! It's beautiful up here!' Jake said, staring in awe at the view. Helen, meanwhile, had noticed that they were directly on course to crash into a tree."
- Shadows of a Timeless Song, by Dennis (part 14): "If Daria thought she and Hermione had reached some sort of rapprochement, the train ride back to Angelsey disabused her."
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (parts 25 and 26): "'Funny,' Karen said, 'I thought these uniforms were a lot thinner. At least, they look thin on TV.' Karen shifted her weight back and forth. Even though she had filled out in the right places since she had started training, she was still slightly self-conscious about her body." (Part 26)