Men Make Dinner Day. Everyone else is making sure they still have Pizza King on speed dial.
Personally, they should try being a little braver. After all, today is also the anniversary of the 1871 birth of Stephen Crane, author of The Red Badge of Courage. I don't think Crane would agree with Mr. O'Neill's comparison of the book to the Cowardly Lion, but considering Crane died shortly after The Wizard of Oz was published I suppose he had more important things to worry about.
- An Annoying Paradise - Daria, by Resop (part 12): "'What?' Daria looks at Enchi-sensei in disbelief. 'Daria, I am afraid that you have outgrown my teaching. There is nothing more I can teach you.'"
- An Annoying Truth (Life After Thirty), by WildDogJJ (part 2): "Jake and Helen are in the home office visiting Quinn. Jake has just learned that Brittany has been cheating on Kevin with her personal trainer, Daryl. His reaction is pure shock."
- Break (Iron Chef: Daria the Unreliable Narrator), by Princess_Pasta (COMPLETE!): "Sweltering summer sun filtered in through the windows of The Tank, the cheerful warmth no match for the frost coming from the passenger's seat. Trent guided the van down the stretch of highway, wondering as he had for the past thirty minutes, why Daria had to tag along."
- Dammit Daria, by SexshiTiTePaNtZ (part 10): "'Don't call me Janey and give it to me straight.' Trent clenched his fork so tight that the pressure flung a bunch of rice in the air. Jane wrinkled her nose when rice stuck to it."
- Daria/Quinnts - Children of Mt Olympus, by Daria7142 (part 1): "It was the middle of night outside in the quiet community of Elysium Paradise. Most of the residents are preparing to sleep as the moon shine brightly outside. At the Nightrays home, a bright light beam outside a room on the second floor of the building."
- Flight, by Princess_Pasta (part 3): "Mr. O'Neill's whiny voice was impossible to drown out, no matter how hard Daria tried. She watched as he awkwardly fumbled through papers and wondered how a man so flaky could possibly teach them anything about self-confidence."
- Freakin' Friends Forever, by Princess_Pasta (part 6): "Jane
to Daria My parents are getting a divorce."
- Pity, by WellTemperedClavier (COMPLETE!): "Jane stood at her window and looked down three stories to where Daria was stepping out onto the wet sidewalk, opening an umbrella as her booted feat set off to the train station."
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Brother Grimace (part 154): "'You know - it's like a dark cloud has dropped over this Tower of yours.' Wills Warbles stood on the beach just below where Legion Tower stood, and tossed a rock into the dark, surprisingly still waters of Lewis Bay as Julia looked on."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "The door slammed open. Between the faux tropical decor and scent of fruity mixed drinks, it was exactly the kind of bar one would expect Timothy O'Neil to frequent. It sure as hell wasn't one of the dive bars that appealed to any of the other men with."
- Winter unsavings, by JPAGC (part 1): "That friday, Daria returned home, after a long day at school and some at the public Library, to find Quinn at the Den, tied up on the phone, sitting down at the Table with a huge quantity of papers in front of her."