The Roswell UFO incident took place in New Mexico 62 years ago today. Wonder if one of Artie's ancestors was kidnapped there. In a related event, SF writer Robert A. Heinlein was born 102 years ago today. A few Daria crossovers exist with Heinlein connections, particularly this masterpiece.
- Cold Comfort, by Doggieboy (Part 11): In the hour and a half since Daria left the house, the skies had darkened slightly and the rain was spotty. She climbed up, then down, several hills on her hike to the northwest and finally came to a rusted chain link fence that blocked her from making any further progress. She saw a sign a few hundred feet to her west and moved towards it. (SFMB)
- Daylight: Fallen from Grace: I Should Have Been Home Yesterday, by Disco316 (Chapter 10): Mr. Secretary: As you are likely aware, on 1/1/2000, an ELE occurred that simultaneously destroyed every electronic device and electric wire in the Washington D.C. area. We have since determined that the area of effect includes, at the least, all of the northeastern states and several to the south. We have yet to find an unaffected region, and fear that this may have been a global event.
- Daylight: When Worlds Divide, by Lorenzo Sauchelli (Part 3): Kyle Armalin kicked the door open and stomped his way to Daria’s desk. He was breathing hard and glaring daggers at her. Daria calmly stared at the boy in front of her. She waited for him to tell her what he was up to. When that didn’t happen, so she decided a raised eyebrow was in order. Kyle growled under his breath. “You’re one irritating woman, did anyone ever tell you that?”
- Legion of Lawndale Heroes Special: Tokusatsu Team Up! by Lorenzo Sauchelli (Part 11): “You mean, that crazy-ass bitch could pick up that weapon and open a hole to another dimension or something?”
- Rolling the Dice, by Ajar (Part 1): “What if the bet was about me accomplishing something that would be satisfying if I succeed?” “Such as?” “Perhaps I get someone at school to do something they'd never do. Something only a brain would do.”
- Tales of the Ringbearers: With New Responsibility, by Richard Lobinske (Part 7): The base commander paced back and forth in his office. "Pardon my skepticism, but the Corps of Ringbearers has explored the Multiverse for over nine hundred years and we've never heard the slightest thing about your agency."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: The Great Flood), by Dennis (COMPLETE!): "And I can't go out with Corey and Cliff on the same night, so Sandi told me to get Stacy to sub on the date with Corey, but Stacy's got a date with Robert, and anyway, she doesn't like Corey, and I don't want to make her go out with someone she doesn't want to go out with, but then..."
- Unnamed story (Second Coming of the New Ideas Thread), by Trscroggs (Part 1): “At ease men,” The general began, “We have a live one this time. And it isn’t going to be a pretty one.” The general let the men shift uncomfortably for a moment before continuing. “This time we’re going after an actual Guardian, class unknown.”