Oh, and MTV turns 28 today, too. Or tomorrow. Not sure which. EDIT: It's tomorrow. Damn, I blew that one. Anyway, celebrate the goodness tomorrow. MTV is 27.99999995 years old today.
MDetector5's ink sketch of Quinn is available at PPMB. Comments and critiques welcome.
Sorry I haven't kept up with things here. Will try to do better.
- The Adequate Adventures of Raven and Daria: Dari-Mia (ex-Iron Chef: Daria Is Raven's Apprentice), by Project Pegasus (COMPLETE!): "It’s Daria. She’s been through my room again and she stole all of my ABBA records." "You still have records?" "Focus! As the captain of the Titans, I demand that you take action and rectify this infraction!"
- Cheese Fries and Politics, by CAP (COMPLETE!): The window display featuring ice skating polar bears caught Daria’s eye. A moment later, someone calling her name caught her ear. Jodie Landon, bulging bags in either hand and a genuine smile on her face, scooted toward her. Daria’s returned smile was just as bright.
- Cold Comfort, by Doggieboy (Part 13): Daria Morgendorffer was not found in any vehicle, and by such reasoning, still inside Sanders County. The roadblocks did have some positive effect, however. Six men and two women were arrested on outstanding warrants, one of which was for a charge of attempted murder. Four men were arrested when their panel van was found to full of items stolen from several homes in the Hopeful area. (SFMB)
- Daria the Hoosier, by Doggieboy (Part 5): The girls had spent the night before on a sleepover with friends, so the unexpected sight of Daria captured their whole attention. That made Daria feel anxious, but it irritated Jim. “Turn around and stop staring,” he said and glared at them. “What’s wrong with you two?”
- Don't Sweat the Mall Stuff, by Kristen Bealer (Part 4): "And don't you forget it!" Quinn said in between fits of giggling. "Oh, wow. Can you imagine Blake's face if I wore this to the prom with him?" The laughter died in Sandi's throat. "Blake?" she asked. "Blake Worthington?"
- Gimme Skelter, by TAG and Brother Grimace (Part 19a): “I hear you,” Jodie said from somewhere ahead of him, as the glow grew brighter. “Take your time, we’ll wait.”
- Reaped Out, by Pinkminx (Part 18): "We have to organize our outfits for Tuesday; God knows we don't need another incident like the dance. I will not have one of those Fielding girls show up in the same outfit as me, or any of us for that matter." "Sandi, it's a funeral, not frivolous dance; does it really matter if you show up dressed like someone else?" (FF.net)
- Reunions and Introductions, by Tscroggs (Part 1): "Is every adult woman in your family a bitch?” “You know, I am an adult woman now too, Jane. I'm not sure I like what you are implying." [Also here.]
- Tales of the Ringbearers: With New Responsibility, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): "I remember exactly how we recruited you, came here to D-517 and were boarded by zombies, and you two said you were going into the past to stop Apocalypse. Now, we're here because of a report of a planet full of zombies from a Pathfinder and trying to figure out if you pulled off a reset."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have), by Greystar (COMPLETE!): "Hey, Daria?" "Yes, Jane?" "Do you ever get the feeling that we're all prisoners and we're being brainwashed by an alien race of robot clones bent on enslaving or destroying humanity for their own nefarious purposes?"
- Unnamed story (Scenes That Should Be: Brains for Rent), by Lorenzo Sauchelli (COMPLETE!): She glared silently at both boys, and while she knew it was enough to scare them away, she decided more was in order. "You better watch your backs from now on, a few axe murderers owe me too many favors to count.