Lawndale Online has been updated! See this link for what's new.
Lots of new and wonderful ART is on PPMB. We have stuff by Wouter, two items by MDetector5, two items by Pinkminx, and modifications by DariaPhantom. YESSSS!!!!
Okay, I've been late on fanfiction updates. Here they are. Great stuff as always!
- Bromwell Bound: That One Fateful Summer, by HolyGrail2007 (Parts 2, 3, and 4): “Daria!” I was genuinely surprised to see her here. Without Trent or Jane, these venues held little enough appeal for her, and Jane was nowhere in sight. I immediately broke contact with Karen and moved towards her. “It looks like your doing well.” Daria responded in her cynical monotone. “You’ve got lipstick on your face.” (Part 3) (Part 4)
- Commitment Issues, by Fringeperson (Part 7): Jane whistled in appreciation when Daria stepped out of her closet wearing the dress. Trent sure knew how to pick ‘em, and he was absolutely right. She was glad her guess had been right about the size too. If they’d gotten it wrong, that would have been embarrassing, particularly since they’d set it up so that it came from Mrs M, rather than from them.
- Daria, Poem Unlimited, by Project Pegasus (Part 4): Fishing a pair of tarnished coins from my jacket pocket, I handed them to the cashier. She accepted them mechanically and rang up my change while behind her another worker, long accustomed to the give and take of the routine, began to fill my order. They performed their duties with a quiet diligence almost as though they were temple priestesses, vestal virgins, absorbed in their daily rites and rituals. Or rather was there a vacant, perfunctory air to their actions?
- Eggs Need Salt, by Alpacca Joe, a.k.a. thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): Daria smirked appreciatively as Jodie walked away, hips swinging to some inner beat. Just before she disappeared into a classroom she glanced back, caught Daria's rapt gaze and smiled seductively. Then she was gone, and Daria could finally breathe. (PPMB)
- Cold Comfort, by Doggieboy (Part 12): Inside the shed, Daria turned on the radio and listened carefully to the talk. Suddenly, a voice directed at her said, “Daria Morgendorffer, this is the Kentucky State Police, please respond, over.” (SFMB)
- Daria Demo, by Ajar (COMPLETE!): “We've been experimenting with something here,” said the man to the assembled. “I'd like you to meet a girl named Daria. My assistant Jane, on the screen here, will introduce us.”
- Daria: Dream Cynical, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Bespectacled chick, stuck in Lawndale / Idiots and jocks – I so want to bail / Found a best friend - by name of Jane Lane / Her brother Trent (sighs) there goes that pain!"
- Daria Goes to the Customs Office, by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): Daria Morgendorffer walked up to the information desk of Philadelphia International Airport and waited for the short-haired blonde clerk to get off the telephone. Quinn owes me big time for this one, she thought and glanced at a nearby wall clock. Three-ten. Crap. Looks like I’ll have to call Jane and cancel our pizza dinner.
- Daria the Hoosier, or When in the World Am I? by Doggieboy (Part 3): Jim finally handed Daria her quarter back and drove on. After several seconds, he started laughing. She watched him as he laughed and finally said, “I don’t know what you’re laughing at.”
- Daylight: Falling from Grace: I Should Have Been Home Yesterday, by Disco316 (Part 11): As the sun set in the west, Quinn finally returned to the stable. However, the Quinn that entered the stable was not exactly the Quinn that Stacy recognized. This Quinn was covered in dirt and gasping for air.
- John Lane 41: Friends and Rediscovery, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): While Skip prattled about his camp memories from a cabin porch, Daria ignored her lunch and watched Amelia, who was leaning against a tree, gazing at the nearby lake. Daria said, "I screwed up, didn't I?" (FF.net)
- Love Is a Series of Burning Sensations, by Undefinedlust (Part 10, continued): Whoever said April is the cruelest month never had this start to November, Daria thought as she tossed her book bag aside and threw herself onto her bed. It's been almost two weeks since Tom and I broke up, and Jane and I seem to be farther apart than ever. I get not wanting to do anything last weekend since Trent was coming home, but we just aren't spending much time together at all anymore.
- Misplaced Trust, by Kangaballs (Part 1): "How do you really know that she went this way, Daria? She could have gone anywhere in time, and now that our time machine is broken how are we supposed to follow her? I swear, Daria, if I spend the rest of my life in petticoats and corsets I'm going to kill you for it."
- On the 2 Train, by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): Daria glanced up at the illuminated map on the wall of the train. She sighed. What was it about the 2 train? Every stop seemed to take an hour, even when they were only a few blocks apart. (FF.net)
- The Really Lost Girls, by Echopapa (Part 1): Daria and Jane were sitting at a table at the Zon, halfway through a couple of Ultra-Colas and a bowl of pretzels. “The Flying Scotsmen” had just finished their set and was taking a break. “The bagpipes were okay, I guess,” Daria said, “but did the bassist really have to try juggling that claymore?”
- Regifted, by Ajar (Part 9): “Okay, so the line is, 'But never put on pantaloons or bodices.' Thanks to a certain fund-raising measure at my previous school, I know that a bodice is a sort of an everyday peasant girdle. I think it represents chastity because the previous line has the 'bustle' pun and also represents normalcy because the line is referring to the abnormal 'filthy loves of gods and goddesses.' Does that sound good?”
- Things Fall Apart, by Doggieboy (Part 16): Beavis found that flying came as natural to him as watching videos in the living room he shared with Butt-Head. After a brief moment of sadness, he looked over at Rose McCord, the Ringbearer who escorted him through the skies over Highland. He smiled as he looked directly at her chest. “Beavis, why are you staring at my breasts?” the strawberry-blonde-haired woman asked him.
- A Timely Discovery, by Disco316 (COMPLETE!): “Ok, Jane,” said Daria, “the first thing we need to do is figure out where and when we are.” Just moments ago, both Daria and Jane had been in a laboratory inside Raft University, watching Professor Werner Von Werner demonstrate his new time travel ray. Professor Von Werner had tossed them the baseball that he had just sent forwards 10 seconds to land in his hands, but Daria’s poor attempt at catching the ball sent it flying into the machine, hitting buttons, turning it towards the two girls, and sending them here, wherever and whenever it was.
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Where in Time is Daria Morgendorffer?), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Well, August, Jane...it is time to open the letter." The young man, just eighteen years old, was shaking. He looked for a butter knife to open the letter, then, giving up, tore the side from the closed envelope and pulled the paper from the enclosure.
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by Betting on Delusions (COMPLETE!): Jane Lane ducked behind the charred shell of a Chryslus Motors Highwayman and quickly reloaded her scoped .44 Magnum. She kissed the top of the gun and did a fancy finger-spin before glancing over at her only friend. "What? I don't like the judgment I see in your eyes. Besides, you're probably just jealous because you lack the necessary anatomy to perform such a neat trick," Jane said quietly.
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by Disco316 (COMPLETE!): Daria awoke on a nondescript platform. She stood up and looked around. Before her was a brick wall. Seeing the wall, she ran straight towards it at top speed. She collided with the wall, bounced off, and fell to the ground on her back.
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by DrNoGood09 (COMPLETE!): "Who controls the Fan Fic crown? Who works the system up & down? We do, We do."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by Project Pegasus (COMPLETE!): Jane was busy putting the last touches on her latest masterpiece when Daria walked into her room. "Say Jane," Daria said with a cheeky smile on her face, "You wanna nibble on my fish taco?"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by Ranger Thorne (COMPLETE!): The curtain came up to show Daria sitting in front of a piano. She quickly starts to play then begins to sing a moment later. "Istanbul was Constantinople / Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople / Been a long time gone, Constantinople / Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night..."