Brittany's serving up some mugfuls of Oktoberfest cheer, but she's still trying to figure out if this month is September or October. If she asks you to explain, just blame Daylight Savings or something and grab another mug of beer.
J. R. R. Tolkien fans will be interested to know that "The Hobbit" was published on this day in 1937. I don't know if beer was involved in writing the books, but I'm sure some kind of alcohol was involved when Jake gave Helen that freaky hobbit-shaped candle for their anniversary.
- Stripey is looking for contributions to her online webzine.
- Discuss the shooting spree at Washington Navy Yard.
- What music do you miss the most on the Daria DVDs?
- Kem would like your app recommendations for her tablet.
- Lord Yellowtail started a discussion about his QAQA universe.
- Two new Iron Chefs have been posted in Creative Writing: GDTSP9's Early Meeting and LSauchelli's Creationist Daria: Were you there?
- Artists can share their experiences and talk about their projects in the All-Purpose Easel Thread.