Quinn's ready to follow in Amelia Earhart's footsteps by flying solo nonstop across the United States, which Earhart became the first woman to do on this day in 1932. I think Quinn would rather not follow in Earhart's fashion footsteps, though. I mean, look at what those pants do to her thighs! Ewww!
As today is also Waffle Day, Jake would like to remind everyone to check the expiration date on any frozen waffles you may have in the house. You wouldn't want to develop a mild stomachache, would you?
- ASPS 2, by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "BOOM! Even with the basement door shut, they could still hear the sound of the explosion from outside. Dmitri froze, and Wehrung felt a glimmer of hope flutter inside of him."
- Card Games, by Indigo (COMPLETE!): "In hindsight the beautiful, noble and above all intelligent young woman was not too proud to admit that she had made a mistake in responding to the goading of that old shrew of a psychologist deliberately getting her name wrong three times, by mocking the late middle-aged woman's poor attempt at administering a thematic perception test by using only one card and the same card that she had just used on the girl's pretty and popular, but shallow younger sister, to boot."
- Foot Fighters (Iron Chef: Bootless Daria), by InvisibleDan (COMPLETE!): "Jane waited by the door, hoping that Daria would finally give up. Six days had passed. Six miserable days. She crossed her fingers and chanted out 'Please oh please oh please...' But then she heard a knock on the door."
- The Many Doctors, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 25): "The Doctor was resting, he had not been to the Eye of Orion since before the Time War. He did not understand why he had never taken Rose to see it. He grew sad at the thought of her name, even after the many (months? Years?" He knew that the TARDIS kept track somehow)
- Mine Origins, by Vukodlak (part 3): "Daria had a difficult time getting up Monday morning, she kept telling herself that Highland was a big school so avoiding him should be easy… on top of that she didn't really want to see anyone she just wanted to stay curled up in her room."
- Psychiatric Devaluation, by DarkDranzer (part 1): "'Hello, Ms. Li, Principal of Laaaaaawndale High School speaking.' she had the inflections memorised at this point. 'My son just told me that he was strangled by a teacher!' said an angry, feminine voice,"
- Redux, by Princess_Pasta (parts 9 and 10): "It took everything in Sandi's power not to let out a gleeful chuckle. Quinn's cousin or whatever wasn't as awful as she looked. The things she told Sandi would provide excellent blackmail material for the rest of the year." (Part 10)
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef : MMORPG, Lawndale style), by Waylander (parts 1 and 2): "Hello and congratulations on choosing our new flagship project: * * * Realms of Altherra Version 5.1. * * *" (Part 2)
- Upper Echelon, by Princess_Pasta (parts 8 and 9): "Cassidy Hemming was seated on the far left of the cafeteria in prime stakeout location. She was paying more attention to the center of the room than her slowly cooling bowl of tomato soup." (Part 9)
- When You Wasn't Famous, by-sam (parts 1 - 4): "Today was a good day to be Harry Potter. Of course most days for the Tutshill Tornado's star Seeker were. It was easy to have good days when you're rich, famous, and consistently voted the most eligible bachelor in the country." (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4)