Dye! Dye! My Darling" first aired. That was just one of several surprises Jane got in that episode, and not a single one of them was good. Considering how intensely controversial that episode was in fandom, I can safely say she's not the only one who felt that way, either.
- Alienation, by malakite (part 17): "Daria repressed sighed her way through breakfast, ipoded her way through some minimal physical exercise and wobbled her way through finding the right balance of flirtatiousness and practicality for what she was going to do next."
- Crashteemsters (Iron Chef:The Grim Plot Reaper), by malakite (part 2): "7000 beeps later she heard squeaky footsteps. She tried to say 'hello?' but what came out was more like a strangled rasp. It seemed her mysterious visitor had heard her though, because he asked 'You're awake?' in an almost startled sounding voice."
- Daria: College Pains Redux, by James the Lesser (part 19): "Daria is at Jane's dorm room as they wonder who the roommate will be. 'Maybe she'll be ok. You don't know. Lindsey is a good roommate.' Jane smirks at Daria. 'After all the times you called me to keep you from killing her?'"
- The Empress Dowager (IC: Daria and No Americas), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "In the Forbidden Cities' Inner Court, the Emperor and the Empress Dowager were holding the daily Imperial Audience, the various advisers and chancellors were on hand as one of the petitioners, the Ambassador from the vassal state of Maratha was speaking the words of his King."
- Fleeting Innocence, by Princess-Pasta (part 1): "'It's such a shame, really. She was doing so well. But what can you expect?' 'Helen probably feels responsible. How couldn't she? After all, a girl takes after her mother.'"
- Open Wide (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "'Sure,' Leanne responded, as she arrived at the cradle for the phone, 'Listen, I've got to get going. I've got a big Biology project to work on. Speak to you soon, Ashley.'"
- Possibilities, by Sureia (part 12): "Matt said nothing. He'd said nothing for the entirety of the walk from their home. Of course a little detail like this wasn't going to deter Daria. She was of the frame of mind that silence was further evidence of guilt."
- The Prussian Girl (IC: Daria and No Americas), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "The flickering light of a new word processor made Daria blink for a second before her eyes adjusted to it. She thought about turning on the light before shrugging it off, 'It's not like you can print it off until morning anyway.' she thought to herself."
- Unnamed story (IC: Daria and No Americas), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "When Tazi Morgendorffer climbed out of the car, she got everyone's attention. Her hair was done up high, a ponytail falling from a knot tied up high behind her head. She wore a braided choker. Her bracelets added accent to the uniform of a typical English/American schoolgirl."