Harry Houdini, who was born on this day in 1874. Although both have performed daring escapes to impress their audiences, only Upchuck left his spectators disappointed that he survived.
Today is also the anniversary of not one but three Daria episodes: "Cafe Disaffecto" in 1997, "The Lost Girls" in 1999, and "The F Word" in 2000. You know, I suspect that if Mr. O'Neill had sent one of Daria's Melody Powers stories into Val Magazine instead, Daria wouldn't have won the "Spend a Day with Val" contest. You might say he would have succeeded at failing.
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (parts 2 and 3): "'Is it going to be a boy baby or a girl baby?' said Quinn. 'I don't know yet,' said Helen. 'It's going to be a girl,' said Daria. She didn't know how, but she knew." (Part 3)
- Dystopia, by mailorderannie (part 3): "Brittany grabbed Daria's arm. 'C'mon!' she said in a low voice. 'But - ' Daria gestured to what had been the Guardian building."
- Lawndale 2021 Season Three, by Anguirus1955 (part 9): "It was just a quarter past five in the morning, when that dreadful sound woke me from my slumber. The hell?"
- Mysteries of Lawndale 03: Night of the Coffee House, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "It was quarter past six when the group entered Viv's videos, and business was raging. There was a large number of customers in the store. 'This is going to be difficult,' Daria said."
- A New Set of Rules, by Dennis (part 28): "Things with Colleen were back to normal with Colleen by the next morning. Daria wished she could say the same thing about Kevin."
- Run Jodie Run, by DIsaac (parts 1 - 3): "'...That is why I'm announcing I, Jodie Abigail Landon, Will be running to be your next mayor of Lawndale! Just as I said eight years ago... I need your help to make this happen...'" (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Standstill, by Princess_Pasta (part 1): "It was a perfectly ordinary Wednesday afternoon, the sky overcast and dreary, early morning chill hanging in the air. Daria Morgendorffer was, predictably, late."
- Trent (Iron Chef : The another Lane vocation), by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "The coins tintled as they fell on the open guitar case. 'Thank you, man,' said Trent. The donor smiled a little before continuing on his way."
- Vincent (Iron Chef : The another Lane vocation), by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "The young man stood up, straightened his uniform, carefully examined his shoes, trousers and hands for any stains, dirt or wrinkles, and then knocked on the door."
- Wind (Iron Chef : The another Lane vocation), by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "The four men and two women stand straight and unmoving, watching the bus crawl up the road. Their kahi skirts and army green trousers and skirts fall down in straight lines."