Today is also the 218th birthday of the U.S. Bill of Rights. Nice work there, too. In one Daria fanfic the Bill of Rights was suspended. In another, Daria complains that schools suspend the Bill of Rights when it comes to school newspapers printing whatever they want. That issue is still being debated. (See also here.)
NEWZ: It is reported that C.L. Basso's Daria fanfics at devilkitty.org can no longer be accessed. This appears to be correct. Archive.org reports that access to the site has been blocked by the owner using "robots." It is not known if other sites contain his works.
- Daria: Hunter—Mind over Plasma, by Jim North (continued): The bounty hunters turned in surprise at the male voice behind them. Tom stood there, looking happily rumpled in one of his cheap suits. "You scary son of a bitch!" Jane cursed. "Sneak up on us like that again and I might just shoot you on principle! How the hell-?!"
- Finn Morgendorffer 21: Jane Errs, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 1): “Janey!” Wind smiled at his sister and kissed each of her cheeks. He then turned to regard Finn. “Oh, we have a new little brother and I never saw him?” Wind seemed perplexed.
- John Lane 44: Fizzy Logic, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): "I swear that if I have to spend the rest of the year looking at these eye-bleeding colors, I'll go postal and no machine will get out of here alive." (FF.net)
- Quinn: The Show, by Ajar (continued): "One hundred and twenty... three pounds. Yes, everything seems to be in order aside from that out of season nail polish, but I'm going to let that slide."
- Unnamed story (Three-peat! New Ideas Thread Wins Again!), by Ranger Thorne (COMPLETE!): In 2002, the members of the band Mystic Spiral were sent to a military prison. This was odd, since none of them had ever been in the military. (Daria/The A-Team)