It is time to thank those who have contributed so much to DariaWiki of late. Richard Lobinske, Brother Grimace, Doggieboy, Roentgen, Disco316, Jim North, Boandpop, and JPAGC have offered outstanding work and greatly expanded one of the core websites in this fandom. Yay! Visit the link above to see their works. U d0oDz r0oOL!!!
Two active & worthwhile non-PPMB threads to follow (and contribute to) have appeared. They are:
Now for a few weird (but fun) things found on the Internet. First, Daria M. and Daria W., a bedroom comparison.
Next, something that might have been posted here before, but I don't recall it: 20 Classy High School Outcasts on Entertainment Weekly (ew.com). We are interested in #5.
Here is an extremely odd blog (the pot calls the kettle black) about every single thing in the universe with the name of Daria: Daria Derly Fun. Some screen captures I haven't seen before, too. Nice. Weird, but that's okay.
Someone has posted an avatar of Daria Morgendorffer from Second Life at the Facebook site. Nice!
The Daria/Harry Potter crossover issue has again arisen. Check it out. Interesting issue.
- Finn Morgendorffer 19: It's Edgy, Dammit, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 1): “If only we could understand the wonders of the male brain,” said Jane. “Easy," said Daria. "Every other word is breasts."
- Inner Universe, by Malakite (Part 1): The next day, Jane happened past a boy having locker trouble. As she walked by she said "Do you hear that? He hasn't got a prayer!" The boy glanced at her for a second, and then went back to trying to open his locker after her suddenly sympathetic, "Oh, bummer."
- Reaped Out 2: Sickle Sad World, by Shnookies, the artist formerly known as Pinkminx (COMPLETE!): Daria glanced at the growing crowd of onlookers and tapped her foot impatiently. She didn’t see Jane approaching her from behind. “YOU!!!” Jane growled.
- Reflections, by MidnightStorm (continued): Pizza Prince was crowded as usual as Daria slowly walked in. Workers, on lunch break, looked at her with curiosity and shrugged. Going back to their usual drawls on business and such, not caring about the lone teenager. Her usual booth with Jane was taken by two young workers arguing about some money loans. Finding an empty booth all the way at the end of the row, she sat down and gazed at the shiny metal table.
- The Secret Life of Tammy Sloane, by MidnightStorm (Part 1): It was a quiet day in the Sloane household, something that was very rare and unusual. Mrs. Sloane, better known as Kay, was pleased at the energy in the house. Most of the time it was chaotic due to their eldest daughter's actions. She had scolded her hundreds of times, most of which were for pulling pranks on her teachers or humiliating a student.
- Unnamed story (Crossovers Not Yet Crossed Over), by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): When Jack Jeebs saw the woman in a black suit and round, dark glasses enter his pawn shop, his stomach tightened. "Good morning, Dee. How's it going?" he asked, hoping for the best. Agent Dee said, "Don't good morning me, Jeebs. I'm not in a good mood."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: "And Then Buffy Staked Edward."), by MidnightStorm (COMPLETE!): Edward looked around. The streets were deserted, something very unusual about the lively small town of Forks. Cars were parked on the side and seemed to gather dust. Looking toward the street he saw a lone figure leaning against a light post. Auburn hair blew in the wind. Edward walked toward the figure, curious to see if she knew anything about the town's disappearance.
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: "And Then Buffy Staked Edward."), by Raskolnikov (COMPLETE!): The formation of Cylon Raiders rose in the sky like a wave of metal. The hawklike ships headed towards the battered hull of the old battlestar....
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Once Bitten, Twice Shy), by Greystar (sequel COMPLETE!): "Jeez! Daria always gave me gas when she was alive, but this is ridiculous!"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Once Bitten, Twice Shy), by Wraith (COMPLETE!): "Isn't she just perfect bait? In a manner of speaking. I mean, in the stories aliens or UMAs or whatever always go for the cute, timid, scared ones first, right? And predators always go for the weakest of the pack. Natural selection is a basic principle."