Forty years ago today, the disastrous Altamont free concert took place, and the Hippie Age of Flower Power ended. Jake Morgendorffer was there to see it. At least he got his money back.
Lawndale Commons closed its Internet gates this day ten years ago. Alas.
The guy that everyone thinks of when they hear Luhrman speak was born 54 years ago today: Steven Wright. Best jokes ever.
NEW! Phan NuZ
- Superfan D. T. Dey, a Wikipedian, has a problem regarding the addition of material to the Wikipedia page on Daria. See if you can help there.
- Two recent PPMB threads concern the release next year of the Daria DVD set. Go to one or the other and express yourself.
- A new Iron Chef is up from MidnightStorm: Iron Chef: Once Bitten, Twice Shy.
- Richard Lobinske has just updated the 2009 Daria Visual Fanworks Listing! I really need to do another update of the fanfiction one this week.
- NEW! The Longest Night, by Vlora (COMPLETE!): Whilst flipping from channel to channel, Jane arrived on an advertisement for a Sick, Sad World marathon later that evening. A chuckle escaped her lips as she set the remote down, her hands tucked behind her head. "So we’re up for tonight then?"
- Another Normal Day in Lawndale, by JPAGC (Part 2): "You represent the Fashion Club and the newspaper, right?" asked Helen. "And the French and the Tennis Clubs, too, because Susan can't make it, she is sick." Daria added, smiling. "That's my girl," said Jake, putting down the newspaper.
- Finn Morgendorffer 18: Dance Fever, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): Heartless would have been a better word to use than cruel, Daria believed, but cruel was accurate in its own right. Finn changed girlfriends more often than his boxers and socks put together. He used them to satisfy his greed, which was legendary even by Morgendorffer standards. And in return, he gave them merely the “pleasure” of his company, whatever that was.
- John Lane 44: Fizzy Logic, by Richard Lobinske (Part 3): Only a week later, Lawndale High had been transformed by a blur of yellow and green and the ubiquitous Ultra Cola logo. John said, "Is this what Quinn likes to call a makeover?" "Close," Daria said, "except that Quinn would show much better taste."
- In Silence Sarcastic, by Trscroggs (continued): A few months ago, Daria wrote, I caught Dad adding half a bottle of Tabasco sauce to cold cereal, then adding a tablespoon of curry powder after that turned out to be too bland for him.
- Legion of Lawndale Heroes Mini: Heave to Position, by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): Daria sighed as the elevator opened. Jane Lane stepped out. "Gracias, amiga. You're getting a tight little body there!" Jane reached behind Daria and slapped her on the ass.
- Two Halves 3: Mall Rat Blues, by Dark Kuno (Part 2): “So, Mr. Ruttheimer,” prompted Alex to his freckled friend. “What’s the plan?” “Well, Mr. Morgendorffer, I plan to explore the advantages of a gold card,” Charles replied as, with brief demonstration of sleight of hand, he produced a glittery gold credit card.
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: "And Then Buffy Staked Edward."), by Disco316 (COMPLETE!): Edward Cullen sat at the poker table. He was down to his last chips. He put them all in on his pair of aces.
- NEW! Unnamed story (Iron Chef: "And Then Buffy Staked Edward."), by MidnightStorm (COMPLETE!): "Daria? What are you doing here?" Knowing the voice all to well, Daria whispered the words, "And then Buffy staked Edward."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: "And Then Buffy Staked Edward."), by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): And then Buffy staked Edward. A voice behind Buffy said, "I really wish you hadn't done that."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: "And Then Buffy Staked Edward."), by Thecoffeeguru (COMPLETE!): Bella looked into Edward's eye's, lost in their icy depths. "I'll love you forever Bella." Edward's words flowed into Bella like cool water down the throat of a man lost in the desert.
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: "And Then Buffy Staked Edward."), by Thecoffeeguru (COMPLETE!): The wind howled across the icy planes of Hoth. Miles from the Rebel base, Daria, Edward, and Buffy trudged through the snow. "We'll never make it back in this!" Daria had to yell to be heard over the wind's roar. Buffy turned toward Edward and gave him a half shove. "I know you got hungry, but did you HAVE to eat the Tauntauns?"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: "And Then Buffy Staked Edward."), by Thecoffeeguru (COMPLETE!): "How do we know she's really a Twilight fan?" Sandi stood with her arms folded, giving Buffy a haughty look.
- NEW! Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Once Bitten, Twice Shy), by Thecoffeeguru (COMPLETE!): "See that skeleton? That's our future."