Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Science-Fiction Day!

Isaac Asimov, the immortal Russian-American science-fiction writer (and biochemist, science writer, fantasy writer, mystery writer, and writer of everything else, to the tune of 500+ books) was born this day 90 years ago. It would be impossible to calculate his influence on my life, as I devoured whatever he wrote that I could find back when I was in high school. The Internetz have proclaimed this as Science-Fiction Day in his honor, and so be it. Thank you for everything, and thank you, UU and Pinhead, for the above image. (Can anyone guess where it came from?)

More shortly, need to wake up first.

6 comments:

Roland 'Jim' Lowery said...

Looks like the pic is from the Sarcastathon.

What do I win if I'm right?

The Angst Guy said...

You forgot to say "3000" so the prize goes to Tux.

Roland 'Jim' Lowery said...

How about if I add a further guess that it was the bumper that showed before The Lawndale File?

The Angst Guy said...

No, it's too late, the Grand Prize has already been inserted into Tux. Try again next time.

Roland 'Jim' Lowery said...

Second place to Tux.

As always.

The Angst Guy said...

Okay, we're not going to have any anti-penguin-sex prejudice here. You can take your drink and your pro-PETA philosophy out into the alley, pal.