Quiverwing has compiled and posted the 2009 Daria Fanworks Awards—Written Works Nominations! Go, thou, marvel, and vote! We have been truly blessed with Awesome and Win! (Instructions and links are also here, if you need them.)
Speaking of Awesome and Win, DariaWiki has benefited greatly from the talents of the following: JPAGC, Roentgen, Disco316, RLobinske, Jim North, Brother Grimace, and Quiverwing. All hail the greatness! Plus, Disco316 kicked ass on a spammer! Hooray! Smackdown!
Undefinedlust wants to know: What are YOUR Fanfiction Plans for 2010? Go to the thread and spill the beans.
Can there be such a thing in fanfiction as too much detail? Dark Kuno started a thread about it. Lots of good, thoughtful responses.
Three recent Iron Chefs did not produce any fanfic, but they were great at producing a lot of discussion and argument, and fodder for new future stories. Congratulations go out to Ms. Kinnikufan, who got a lot of good talk going (as she always does, having begun some of the most productive and creative competitions ever), and to the esteemed DrNoGood09. Can you add a story to the following?
- Iron Chef: A Nanny for the Morgendorffers
- Iron Chef: Single Mom Helen
- Iron Chef: No Pants Day—Can a Daria character do it?
NOW COMPLETE! 2010 Daria Fanfiction Begins!
- Animal Cunning, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): All of the females in the Chosen One's family make noises like that when they mate. All of them. They're not like the Maker of Many Windows... all she does is breathe funny, and she tries to talk like us just before she's done mating. Very bad accent, though.
- Apocalyptic Daria: Scarlett's Tale, by Doggieboy (Part 16): Roger Taylor didn’t know what time it was when he opened his eyes. What he did know was that it was pitch black inside the church office and that Scarlett Hawkins had him in a full body embrace as she slept against him.
- Congratulations, by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Daria?" said the voice on the other end. "It's Sandi. Sandi Griffin." "What do you want? Fashion tips?" Daria muttered. "No. I called to offer you my congratulations."
- Daria Is Raven's Apprentice, by Project Pegasus (continued): [A Very Special New Year's Day Episode from the whole gang!]
- The Dream of the White Darkness, by jtranser (continued): "Those of you who have been paying attention will notice that, within these dreams, there is a distinct consciousness that is not altogether human..."
- Dye! Dye! My Darling—The Facebook Edition, by Jim North (COMPLETE!)
- Esteemsters—the Facebook Edition, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!)
- Esteeminator: The Daria Morgendorffer Chronicles, by Jim North (COMPLETE!): Jane turned to point at a house half a block away. "That's my place," she said. As they approached it, Daria could see that the house in question was a complete mess. Faded yellow paint was peeling off the outside, the grass was mostly dead, and there was some strange thing made of twisted metal sunk into the front lawn. All of the windows were dark, and nothing of the inside could be seen beyond them. "I'm not wanting to offend you or anything," Daria said carefully, "but when I saw this place yesterday, I didn't think anybody lived here."
- The Fall of the Angst Lords: Rebel without a Clue, by Gouka Ryuu (continued): It was at this moment the pair came to a crossroads. The sign north pointed to Forumadmin with another sign below it pointing to the Frozen Wastes. The signs West pointed to the Lawndalian Mountains and the countries of Bevisana and Buttheadia, which probably still existed after all this time far beyond the large and treacherous range.
- Falling Into College 72: Valley of Love and Delight, by RLobinske (Part 2): "With you having two witnesses and me possibly adding Sean to my side…the wedding procession is going to get awfully crowded once you add in both of our parents. What, that's going to be four plus four plus the two of us... ten.
- Finn Morgendorffer 23: Down the Road, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): “I don’t have to take my clothes off, do I?” Finn asked hopefully. “It might make things go faster,” she replied.
- Finn Morgendorffer 25: Captain, My Captain, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): While Finn did not normally care about people’s intelligence, he had his limits. Kevin possessed the intellectual fortitude of a piece of pie, and was just as flaky.
- From Hell to Heaven, by GlitterShrooms (COMPLETE!): It was hard to breathe for Elsie Sloane as she ran home. It was just as difficult to run with her school uniform torn to shreds and drenched in blood.
- Jane’s Addition—The Facebook Edition, by Quiverwing (COMPLETE!)
- Lane Miserables—The Facebook Edition, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!)
- Lucky Strike—The Facebook Edition, by Disco316 (COMPLETE!)
- New Toy, by RLobinske (COMPLETE!): Jane's eyes opened wide and her mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water for a couple seconds before she sputtered, "I... I didn't know that they made them that big." "You've gotta know where to shop."
- The Misery Chick—The Facebook Edition, by Jim North (COMPLETE!)
- Reaper in the Wind, by RLobinske (up to Part 4): McGee read from another computer search and said, "Does the name ' Grace, Sloane and Page' mean anything to you?"
- Regifted 2: I Put Away Joyless Things, by Ajar (Part 1): “You look in sub-optimal health. You should try eating more high protein foods, avoid salt and get more sleep. Unless, I guess, crying could explain the bloodshot, puffy eyes and chapped lips. If that's the case then you have nothing to worry about.”
- The Secret Life of Tammy Sloane, by MidnightStorm (continued): “Hey, you guys wanna see something hot?” she yelled out to the crowd of boys, then posed.
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part III), by jtranser (continued): "I didn't think we'd have any use for someone with his highly specialized form of pyrokinesis." "And just how specialized is his talent?" "It is sorta amazing when you see it, Daria. What he does is set pinochle cards on fire by thought alone."
- Tales of the Ringbearers: Balance, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): The limp roll of her sister's head told the black cat what she feared; the last of her family was gone. Unable to face the pain of seeing her dead sister, the black cat let out a soft, sad meow, looked a final time, and darted away to find someplace to be alone.... “Poor thing,” a voice said, and a pair of hands gently lifted the lifeless cat from the sidewalk. “Let me help you.”
- Tales of the Ringbearers: The Fourth Ringwraith, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): The smell of burning asphalt excited Anastasia Rowe. She didn’t understand why, but it did. Oh, yeah! Because I get a lot more people on roads! Stupid idiots – they always try to evacuate the cities, and they always clog up all the roads with lots and lots and lots of scared and angry people... I can practically smell the pain and the fear miles and miles and miles away.
- Two Halves 5: Mall Rat Blues, by Dark Kuno (COMPLETE!): “So where are we going again?” asked Alex as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his camouflage jacket. “It’s a surprise,” replied Daria as she waited for Jane to enter the elevator before she tapped the button for the 5th floor.
- Uh-Oh, Slash Comes To Town, by Ajar (in progress): If only there was an opening. A suitable place to raise the issue. Daria thought. “I mean, what if someone you knew really well was a lesbian and harbored deep feelings for you," continued Jane, "and she was pressured to leave school. Generally you're outraged when someone is being discriminated for being different; it's one of the reasons I like you so much.” Or even better, a sign that this won't screw up our whole friendship, Daria thought. (SFMB)
- An Unexpected View, by Paisleygal (continued): "I find that I am happiest when I focus on today and look to tomorrow.” “I’m glad that you are happy Kev... Edgar.” “You can call me Kevin, Daria. I don’t mind.”
- Unnamed story (Another KOTH crossover idea), by DBR70 (preliminary notes): Luanne Platter Klienschmidt was having headaches for the last couple of days which worsened into migraines. One evening she felt faint and collapsed.
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Hump Day - Cynic-Os), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Each heaping bowl of Cynic-Os is guaranteed to meet the minimal level of nutrition by the Food and Drug Administration. We'd have to, or we wouldn't be allowed to sell it."
- Unnamed story (Scenes That Should Be: Brains for Rent), by LSauchelli (preview): "You can't kill me, you can't torture me. You're out of options." Batgirl pushed the man, forcing him to look down. Fifty stories stared back, and he gulped. "I have a code against killing. Torturing? Not so much."
- Unnamed story (Scenes That Should Be: Breakfast of Zombie Champions - zombies in Daria's bedroom), by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "So tell me again why a whole bunch of crazy, semi-decomposed zombies was sneaking out of your room at four in the morning!?"