That image of Brittany as a surgeon, though... [shivers]
Speaking of medical disasters, it's time for...
- Today is the birthday anniversary of a fandom-created Daria character. Can you guess which one?
- Outpost Daria offers a mini-update! Go and enjoy.
- In a valiant effort to put something on PPMB that is actually related to Daria, Brother Grimace has begun a pizza-rating thread. I'm a Pizza Hut man, myself, but I'll eat anything.
- Pinhead has a new alter ego of Jane. Can you guess who she's impersonating?
- Jake as a superhero? Beatnik Shaggy has a great picture of a Legion of Lawndale Heroes Jake. I still think he's holding a bottle opener.
- Why so much hate for Mr. O'Neill? Man, this thread has got LEGS! People really hate this guy! Loved Mr. Van Driessen, though. Cool dude.
- Notorious raconteur Vlademir1 is testing the waters to see if anyone would like to get involved in a new round-robin game/story: Murder!
- Did Tom Sloane get a new job when Daria left the air? Dervish thinks so.
- Ms. Kinnikufan has a new Iron Chef up, one that is nibbling at a few minds. What if Daria/Quinn was the daughter of Amy/Rita/Jake's Sister?
- And there's Iron Chef: A Cougar Story, for those with no sense of propriety.
- Alone, by Girl-In-Colour (COMPLETE!): I am the girl who sits at the back, wearing the combat boots, the glasses, listening to obscure indie bands that no ones ever heard of, on my ipod.
- Mona Lisa Smile, by Coonassblondie (COMPLETE!): As Jesse began to strum his own acoustic, Trent began his latest song in a voice hoarse and husky. “Mona Lisa, always smile for me..."
- Daria: Hunter 5—Strictly Business, by Jim North (continued): The golden bolt of compressed energy passed close enough to Daria's face to singe her eyebrows and cause her skin to itch. If she hadn't closed her eyes a second beforehand, she would have been temporarily blinded as well as mildly discomfited. A high-pitched giggle echoed through the construction area as Daria pulled her head back behind cover.
- NEW! Do I Have to Paint You a Picture? by Kristen Bealer (Part 1): "I'd like to introduce Agent 99." Kevin broke out of his trance and chuckled. "Aw, I wish I'd met you thirty agents ago," he said with a raised eyebrow. "'Cause then we—" (Daria/Get Smart)
- The Dream of the White Darkness, by jtranser (continued): Soon Daria passed the abandoned air base and the meat packing plant, then the city folded up into a mirage in her rear view mirror. However, she was not alone.
- Eva Awakened, by Dervish (COMPLETE!): “Hmph, lousy men,” said Ms. Barch, the current President of the National Organization for Women. “What did you do then?”
- Finn Morgendorffer 28: About My Mother, by HolyGrail2007 (Parts 1 to 4): “A spa?” Finn remarked. “A free spa? Hey, might as well milk it for what it’s worth. Now what do they offer?” “It’s not a normal spa, Finn, it’s a retreat.” [Uh-oh.]
- Folie à deux, by Charliefox2012 (Part 1): Daria heard as footsteps stopped in her doorway. She didn’t look up and started typing again. “You know, ignoring me isn’t going to make me go away?” said her younger sister’s slightly monotonous voice. “True, Evie, but you glaring at me, again, isn’t going to get you this room either.”
- General Semantics, Private Angst, by Gwrtheyrn (continued): Daria came to a sign that flashed, tantalizingly, "ROOMS for the unprotected: $300 per night." She hesitated. She couldn't afford that price for the full thirty days of the games, but it might do for a for a few nights, till she got things under control. (Daria/Null-A)
- The Heather/Damsel Chronicles: Yule Be Sorry, by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): Cherry walked over to the makeup mirror and started attacking her right eye. “You know, a little bit of this stuff wouldn't hurt you. It might spoil your image, but I think you'd look cute as a girl.” “I'll pass,” Heather said, sitting on the edge of the bed to watch. [High-impact angsty ending!]
- In Silence Sarcastic, by Trscroggs (continued): Daria let her sister pace and curse for about a minute before putting her hand to her mouth and making a sharp whistle. Quinn turned sharply at the noise and watched as her sister signed something to her. "I don't give a good goddamn if my freaking Texan is showing!" Quinn yelled. "Can't you see I'm ****ing pissed?"
- Kamen Rider D, by Silver (Part 1): Daria sat in her room, turning over and over a package she didn’t remember sending off for. Finally she sighed. “May as well see what I’m being sent this time.” Her hands tore at paper and cardboard, finally coming up with the box’s contents. “The world’s ugliest belt buckle."
- One J at a Time—The Facebook Edition, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): Daria Morgendorffer is attending the event Anything Except Dinner at the Morgendorffer House.
- A Reaper in the Wind, by RLobinske (continued): "I don't know what it is, but something about Agent Sloane makes me want to slap him."
- Second Life, by Legendeld (continued): "I think he's about to try walking," Helen said smiling now. "He's such a quick learner." Jake's pride at his grandson always showed on his face.
- Sisters, by Roentgen (continued): "Stacy," said Daria, "if I asked you to jump off a building, would you do it?" "Sure!" said Stacy. "When are we jumping?"
- Tales of the Ringbearers: A Very Bad Idea, by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): Bruiser rushed into the room, his features a blur. Then he stopped, grabbed his opponent’s outstretched arm and asked, “You’re not so tough against someone who can fight back, are you?”
- Tracksuits, by Malakite (continued): Quinn already knew which agents were shirking, taking bribes, or willfully negligent of their duty. She had always made certain that the first time was the last time.
- Trapped, by Jim North (continued): The giant spider leaped from its hiding place and landed on DeMartino's chest, then skittered up and over his face and head. From the way DeMartino was crying out and twitching, it seemed that the monstrous creature was continuously biting him as it went along.
- Uh-Oh, Slash Comes to Town, by Ajar (continued): It's not like I'm that interested in Tom either. I mean, I like him but not enough to replace Jane. Besides, he's pretty boring. No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women, no fun, no sin, no nothing. Daria sighed. That's why I'm turning lesbian. I really think so. (SFMB)
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Hump Day), by LSauchelli (COMPLETE!): A giant white tiger jumped at Batgirl, who unexpectedly somersaulted the beast and snapped her fingers. "Get her, Ace!" (Daria/Batman)
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Hump Day), by SoCalledGoodeGuy (COMPLETE!): Tears ran down Stacy's face as she crouched in the bushes. A Sig-Sauer P226 rattled in her hands. At least she thought it was. (Daria/Battle Royale)
- Unnamed story (Scenes That Should Be: Breakfast of Zombie Champions), by Silver (COMPLETE!): Mack just stood staring at the oncoming undead monstrosity. "It can't be. Oh, no, no, no, no—" He cut off as the thing that had been Kevin slammed into him and started mashing him into the ground to get at his head.