And then, 32 years ago, those wild and crazy Russians bombed Canada with a radioactive satellite. Is this a great planet or what? I'm tellin' ya! Just image how life could have been different for Daria and Quinn with such hijinks. It brings tears of joy to my eyes. If only....
On the serious side of the news, today is National Peanut Butter Day, and I expect everyone to show some consideration and respect that. After all, peanut butter played an important role in at least three Daria episodes: "Road Worrier," "It Happened One Nut," and "One J at a Time." Consider this: Jake would never have conquered the Squirrel Menace without it!
Also, this is the anniversary of a special space-related event (without nukes, alas) detailed in this column last year with the help of Beavis and Butt-head.
Quiverwing has improved her Mr. and Mrs. Sloane portrait, and it is teh awesome.
NEW! "Carrie-97" (or, "Daria's Bad Hair Day") by Pinhead. Perfect crossover.
- Richard Lobinske has started the official 2010 Daria FanArt Listing! Hooray!
- This blog has 22 followers! Yay! And we've gone over 1,500 posts! Whee!!!
- Apocalyptic Daria: Scarlett's Tale, by Doggieboy (preview): "You'll have to loosen your pants, and be prepared to have the probe go inside your clothing." "Why?" Roger asked. "If you are severely contaminated, then it will show up in your perspiration and around your buttocks."
- Finn Morgendorffer 28: About My Mother, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): “I spend all my time trying to please that amp-addicted bipolar slave driver and for what?” Helen moaned. “To get the partnership?” Daria posed innocently.
- NEW! Sisters, by Roentgen (continued): The minute Daria left Mr. DeMartino's class, Stacy was right by Daria's side again. She's like one of these suckerfish. I can't get rid of her. "Hey Daria! How was Mr. DeMartino today?"
- NEW! Tracksuits, by Malakite (continued): "What do you want?" the man demanded with a scowl in a terse and unfriendly voice as he quickly looked Sandi up and down. It took her a second to recover from the shock of being so easily surprised before she replied in a small, almost breathless voice: "Sanctuary."
- Trapped, by Jim North (continued): Daria felt a maniac giggle start to rise in her throat. Smashing it down hard, she fought once again for control. Nothing was going to be helped by going to pieces. Shaggy had done enough of that for all of them, Burnout was a role model for inner strength despite her earlier slip, and Jane looked like she would start freaking if Daria freaked.
- NEW! Unnamed story (Scenes That Should Be: Breakfast of Zombie Champions), by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): Mary Elwood looked at Bruiser as the superhero sat across the table from her, and realized just how...normal their being together felt. He had listened to her story calmly, didn't interrupt her, and asked sensible questions, while avoiding the ones that could be considered salacious.