Happy Scrabble Day! Daria probably lost any enthusiasm she might have had for the game during her marathon board game sessions while she was grounded. Don't let that stop you from settling in for a game yourself, though. Go for the triple word score!
Today is also the 268th anniversary of the birth of Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson is known for writing the Declaration of Independence, for being the third president of the United States, and for maybe-but-not-really speaking these immortal words of wisdom:
Quinn: Well, everybody knows that late curfews should go to people who can use them: attractive and popular people with lots of friends.
Daria: Wow! Who said that? Thomas Jefferson? Or was it Barbie?
Jake: It can't be Jefferson....
Quinn: Of course not. No pin-headed historical person could ever make that much sense.
Incidentally, both the Scrabble game and the Jefferson bit came from the episode "The Big House." Coincidence? Probably.
- RLobinske started a thread about the Civil War.
- More news about the live-action Beavis and Butt-head movie. Including whom they've cast as Daria.
- MartinUK and Derek have posted pictures from their trips to Jodrell Bank and Florida, respectively.
- Can you pass Harvard's entrance exam...from 1869? I don't know about you, but I think my application might be a bit late.
- Did Jamie, Jeffy, and Joey have driver's licenses as freshman? Post your thoughts in the thread.
- A new thread in the Creative Writing forum discusses race and gender issues in Daria fanfiction.
- Lord Yellowtail has praise and a question about legendeld's Esteem Roller.
- Two new Iron Chefs in Creative Writing: Roentgen's Daria Inspired by Different Movies and LSauchelli's Daria leaves the Show.